SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Windows 8 BSOD Crash's

Lewes

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Hello,

My laptop sometimes crashs after a few minutes of logging into my laptop. I got the dumpfile and its:

==================================================
Dump File : 011313-42182-01.dmp
Crash Time : 13/01/2013 16:12:31
Bug Check String : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug Check Code : 0x0000003b
Parameter 1 : 00000000`c0000005
Parameter 2 : 00000001`368e0000
Parameter 3 : fffff880`1c2d9bf0
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7b040
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7b040
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\windows\Minidump\011313-42182-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 9200
Dump File Size : 281,008
==================================================

My laptop is a Toshiba Satelite C850D-11Q, please help me, my laptop is still under warranty btw.

Device driver using too much paged pool. Put the dump file on the cloud so I can access it and I can connect a debugger to it and tell you what which driver caused the failure. You could also run a automated debugging tool like "whocrashed" and it can take a good stab at figuring out our issue.

- does the problem happen when you log in after the laptop sleeps
or after you power on the laptop and go through a full boot process?

I looked at some of the mini dumps.
-double process of irp by avgwfpa.sys (anti virus driver)
- 60 byte pool leak in another driver
- the last three were all bad memory references (address zero)

if all of the failures are due to the same cause it would be a bad ram module, device driver corrupting memory it does not own after it wakes up from a sleep state.

I would do the following:
-check for a BIOS update for your motherboard. in particular you want a BIOS fix that relates to memory corruption and sleep states.

- I would talk to your motherboard vendor, I would expect that they know of this problem and have a work around or fix.

if that fails to find the problem, try and change the default sleep state your system goes into
(s0,s1,s2,s3,s4 or s5) (depending what your system supports)

you can also run control panel and change the sleep options. You may find that hibernate does not work but sleep does.

you should be able to test pretty easy, just start your system, and put it to sleep and wake it up a few mins later. see if that bugchecks. (it is useful to help determine if a longer time is required to hit the bugcheck, (say 2 hours) or if you can get it after a few mins.

more tests:
-shutdown your system rather than let it sleep, power cycle the machine and do a full boot
if you get a bugcheck it is a RAM or device driver issue but is not a sleep related state issue.

well that is something to start with anyway.

Lewes

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Its also happened when I logged on after start up. Someone from eightforums.com told me to update Password Utility and its fine now, if it starts again I'll report back.

SharpInclude

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
I have experience that problem with my laptop too Asus X401U.. and i just want to share how I fixed it... I was reading a bunch of forums out there and it seems that none of their answers are reliable.. I got this problem when I start updating my windows 8 but I don't know which of the updates I should uninstall, i'm afraid that by doing that maybe I will end up to another problem again with my windows 8. So I tried to research on how to fix, until I read some post that maybe some of the registry key was change when the update is done. So, I downloaded CCleaner immediately. Scan and Repair the problems of my windows, applications, and registry... right now it is a week.. and I have never experience that system_service_exception on my laptop... I hope microsoft will fix the bugs of windows 8.. Just a friendly advice change ur windows update settings to "check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them", this just to avoid the unnecessary updates... I hope i helpd u.. seeya..

Mikkel Sorensen

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013

Did not work... =(

TRENDING THREADS