Question Systematic Pc gamer shutdown when playing games

Aug 2, 2021
Hello guys ,

I created this thread because i've tried everything i know without results, and i thank you in advance for the support.

My setup :

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600X ( 47C on average on idle : normal for this CPU )
GPU : Nvidia RTX 2070 ( 44C on average on idle)
Motherboard : Gigabyte B450M DS3H-CF( AM4 ) (39 C)
RAM : 16go Dual Channel XPG DDR4 @ 1330Mhz
Storage : SSD : 223GB ADATA SU630 (SATA) ( 56C on idle , maybe its a high temp ? )
PSU : Cooler Master MWE 650 GOLD Fully modular
Storage : SSD : 223GB ADATA SU630 (SATA) ( 56C on idle , maybe its a high temp ? )

here is the problem , recently my pc didn't respond to the power start button press , unless i disconnect the inverter from the electricity (idk if its correct in English , its the external power supplier that activates if the electricity cuts off, so it offers time to save the work before turning the pc off) , so basically i simulate a cut of electricity , and the pc starts (no idea why and how that works and i suspect a problem in the PSU) .

But the serious problem started today , when i launch star citizen , after like 10 min of playing , the pc shuts down suddenly.
I try to turn it back on as usual ( by pushing power button then plugin out the inverter so the pc starts then i plug it on again ) , the pc turns on but this time the screen doesn't start , i'll have to push the restart button for the screen to turns on , i guess this is because of a problem in the graphic card , as the CPU doesn't have an integrated gpu , so the screen doesnt show anything , unless restarting the pc .

what i have tried :
-check out if the all vents works
-Check out if CPU heats too much so it causes the pc to shut down : nope , max is 70C when gaming , 45 to 50C on idle , normal for ryzen 5 3600x
-Check out if Gpu heats causing system to crash : no , max is 70C
-Maybe a driver problem , so i downloaded DDU and completely deleted gpu driver and installed latest version : problem persists

please find on this link my system report from the starting of the game untill the crash shut down using GPU Z : https://www.mediafire.com/file/q2flrj4i9ulhcvx/GPU-Z+Sensor+Log.txt/file

i might also mention that the gpu has white coil , but i guess that is not a problem at all.

, thanks in advance guys , i really appreciate your help ! what should i do ?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Do you see any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the time of the shutdowns?

One immediate thing you can do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Aug 2, 2021
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Do you see any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the time of the shutdowns?

One immediate thing you can do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.
Thanks for the answer Ralston , i forgot to mention that the SSD has very high temp UP to 62 and even more when gaming.
I tried to play RDR2 full and launched it from a HDD (while system is on SSD) using the max of the cpu and gpu (their temperature are maxed at 70 both ) , everything runs smooth no crashing for one hour of gaming , however the SSD keeps on getting hotter and hotter.

for info Star citizen is installed on the SSD , i didn't test other games then RDR2 and Star citizen , but the crash happens on star citizen which is installed on the SSD , is it the problem ? normally if it was the case , the pc just freezes or just throws a BSOD, no ?