%systemRoot%\registration system restore problem

buyshirts

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
I'm trying to restore and am getting the following message along with "destination complustaging"
Any help around this would be much appreciated

Solution

Based on this, the drive is not likely to be bad. What you can do is shut off system restore (since you don't need it now), make sure all restore points are deleted...
Start at the beginning, restore as in do a restore to an earlier system date? Why? What is the actual issue you are having that you are trying to run the restore? An issue with the restore is only your current issue, which can be caused by whatever issue you are trying to fix in the first place. Start at the beginning of the issue, list all details, including system specs. Could be a failing hard drive, corrupt Windows files that need a clean setup, several things.

buyshirts

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks for your reply.
The reason i was doing a system restore was i had update some software and it was causing problem so i wanted to roll back. I have sorted that problem so i don't really need to do a restore now but am worried in the future when i do ill have the same problem so would like to address it now.
My machine is running Windows 7 64 bit I have an SSD and HD both drive aren't very old (under 3 years) The SSD was put in last October by a technician and not by myself. I have not done a restore since the drive was put in.

Based on this, the drive is not likely to be bad. What you can do is shut off system restore (since you don't need it now), make sure all restore points are deleted http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-delete-all-system-restore-points-and-previous-versions-of-files-in-windows-7 then turn on restore points and make one manually. Create some random file on your desktop and then restore that restore point to see if it works.

Solution