Systems Hangs On Re-Start - Please Help

Exibit

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Guys I installed Windows Vista Yestarday on my new build - details below, now I went into the Bios and set the memory timmings for the memory 2.1V - 4,4,4,12

The problem is when I shutdown the system fine press the power button, fine boots up. BUT if I restart the system lets say after I have installed a driver or a program that says re-start your pc then the pc shuts down ok but it does not reboot it just seems to hang there. I then have to press the re-set button and then great no problem Bios Posts and then it boots.

If I shut down the PC just before it turns off I get 1 beep, I do not get any beeps when I try and re-start it

Any Ideas please, oh I have upgraded the Bios to Beta Version 0702

I have entered into the bios the correct setting for the memory (GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400C4 800MHz) settings were 2.1V then CAS 4-4-4-12 . Checked post screen and it said 5-5-5-18. Then the below happend.

Big problem I needed to install Alcohol 120% and forgot that I was using Vista anyway had the Blue Screen Of Death as it installed a driver for the virtual Cd/Dvd drive.

So re-format and then re-installed Vista everytime it needed to re-start I had to press the reset button on the case as I explained above.

But when it was at the BIOS post screen I noticed that the memory timmings were now
4-4-4-12

Just re-started my pc after installing chipset, video, sound drivers and noticed that the BIOS Post now says my memory is 5-5-5-18

Entered BIOS and in there it says 4-4-4-12

Now have I missed a setting in the bios WTF have I done as I think this may be causing my restart problem, when the memory was set at Auto this problem still happened. Also I loaded CPU Z and they also confirm the memory is set at 5-5-5-18

I have just cleared the CMOS problem is still there

Asus P5N32-E SLI
Core 2 Duo E6600
GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2
BFG OC 8800 GTX

Exibit

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Ok guys I seem to have found the problem, I am not using a floppy drive and I disabled it in the bios, I have enabled it and now it re-starts ok strange !!!!!!

grant8844

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
I had this same mobo and I would change the memory voltage settings in the bios then press f10 to save settings and reboot. This worked fine.

However, the NEXT time I would to a restart, the bios would change the memory settings back to default. This happened many, many times. It would also turn off video some of the time because the memory had too low voltage

Talked to ASUS tech 3-times and they decided that I had a bad mobo and I RMAd it back to Newegg. this mobo was out of stock at the time so I got a P5W DH instead

Hope your problem stays fixed!!