Question Systems restarts upon booting into Ubuntu. [MCE Hardware Error] ?

Dec 1, 2022
I recently built a new computer with the following specs:
MSI Pro B550M-VC WiFi
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
AMD R9 390X (From my old computer)
Corsair RM750x

I've tried to install multiple Linux distros, as I don't have a copy of Windows 10 to install at the moment, but the system keeps shutting down as it boots into the lockscreen.
When I let the system continue to restart and boot back into an OS (this time Ubuntu), I get the following error at the top of my screen, then the system continues to load into the lockscreen.
I've noticed that typing in my password to login accelerates the system restart.
IMG_20221201_101219810_HDR.jpg

I would like to add that the CPU number at the top changes, often with the OS that I'm attempting to install.
I've ran memtest86, which doesn't cause the same problem, and my CPU passes without error.
My RAM also passes every test swiftly, although the second stick's SPD cannot be detected.
I've tried removing said RAM stick, but the problem persists.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be would be greatly appreciated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
as I don't have a copy of Windows 10 to install at the moment, but the system keeps shutting down as it boots into the lockscreen.
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << you can easily make one.

Or you can try running this on CPU - https://askubuntu.com/questions/1350268/install-prime95-mprime-on-ubuntu-20-04 as its about only software test we have for AMD CPU.

Do you have newest bios on motherboard? that could also help

Dec 1, 2022
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << you can easily make one.

Or you can try running this on CPU - https://askubuntu.com/questions/1350268/install-prime95-mprime-on-ubuntu-20-04 as its about only software test we have for AMD CPU.

Do you have newest bios on motherboard? that could also help
1. I tested this as soon as I started experiencing these issues. As long as I'm in the installer/troubleshooting tools, it's stable and fine. I didn't install a nonactivated version of Windows to test, but looking back, I probably should have.

2. I decided to RMA the chip, but I'll be sure to test this out if the system is stable when I receive the replacement.

3. Yeah. The motherboard wouldn't recognize 5000 series chips, so I had to flash the recent copy of the BIOS onto the thing to get it to be any form of functional.

As I said, I decided to get a replacement chip, as I'm seeing that many Ryzen 5000 series are having issues with their memory controllers, and mine seems a degree worse. If things persist I'll be sure to update my findings here.

Reactions: Colif