Question Sytem Temps

Jul 1, 2020
Hey guys I built this rig yesterday and I'm getting pretty high temps just with one game and msi afterburner open, even idle its says gpu is around 60 and cpu is 70, I'm gaming at 1440 120hrz and even on apex legends my cpu would reach 80,83 when in game for maybe 20,30 minutes . I've got the 3800x and sapphire 5700xt ,I set the stock wraith cooler fan to high speed , and I have 3 140mm fans and 2 120mm fans , 2 intake 3 exhaust , I'm wondering if I should even worry cause most people say cpus are good until it starts reaching 88 90, the only thing I can think is there is some type of application that downloaded from the motherboard or from some other part , or the thermal paste from the cooler messed up when I was putting it on, I'm not in the position. To change the paste atm but I'm not going to do that unless my temps really go up like to 90, I just want to get some other people's opinions and insight, reddit wasn't that helpful and even tho my gpu was getting pretty warm I'm not worried about it cause they tend to get hotter and sapphire says it's still safe

Your temps are at the upper limit when under load. Using the wraith cooler you will have no thermal margin to Overclock.

Should you decide to upgrade your cooler to a dual rad AIO, I recommend a H110 or equivalent if a dual rad will fit in your case. OFC you will then replace your TIM and i recommend AS5 or Kryanought used sparingly. Just a small pea sized blob to the middle of the hfc is enough to fill any tiny voids. (less is best)

With 3x140mm extraction fans,heat build up within the case should not be an issue

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020
the numbers worry me because its brand new parts , after i posted that i downloaded and antivirus because some said it could be a malware problem , i checked for windows updates and disabled useless apps that started when turning on the pc from task manager, ive switched from 1440p to 1080 in highest settings for games like valorant and escape from tarkov and my temps actually went down but after bout 2 hours the cpu started getting back up to 75-84, im not gonna be reapplying paste or changing cooler unless im consistently hitting 90+