T-Force Xtreem 16GB DDR4-3600 Dual-Channel Kit Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metteec

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2014
Thanks for the review. The benchmarks tell quite a story. For the extra money and faster DRAM speed, you get a one extra FPS in speed for gaming. At least they look cool!

xvegan

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
You guys at Toms are bleeding away your core audience with this excessive 'game' stuff.

Please realize you are becoming irrelevant to the average techno felon.

Stop with the game crap long enough to take a look around.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
We review the stuff we're sent, same as always. We still try to overclock the crap out of it. I personally try to remain neutral to stuff that doesn't exceed expectations, but you'll notice the glee when stuff actually does.

If you want to change what we get, you'll have to pressure the industry.

logainofhades

Titan

The vast majority of build requests, in the forums, are for gaming rigs, so I would have to disagree.

Metteec

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2014
I have used TH for over five years. I am primarily a gamer with a curiousity for how things work. TH has focused on gamers and hardware related to gamers for as long as I can remember. If TH stopped the focus on games and benchmarks, I would probably regular another website like Anandtech. So TH, keep up the good work.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think his is a marketing complaint. You know, overclock something to its limit, set that as an XMP profile, slap the name "Gaming" or some variation of "Extreme" on the label, sell it to people who can't be bothered to do their own overclocking. Well, we covered the slower stuff, and overclocked that as well, so readers are just seeing a wider array of marketing tactics. And we really can't blame companies for wanting to send MORE of their enhanced-marketing labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.