T-Mobile Offering Free Data for New iPad Mini and iPad Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

jl0329

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Not a bad deal. But since I usually use my iPad for video streaming or some other data heavy activities, 200MB is not going to be enough.

Question: if i get the iPad from T-mobile, will I be able to use it with Verizon's data plan later on? Or am I stuck with T-mobile?

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
not bad, but not really awesome either. its nice that you get the option of free 200mb data, but i dont think its a good enough deal to get me to buy the cellular model. anyone willing to spend all that extra cash on a cellular ipad is likely a heavy data user that is looking for a good data plan to go with the tablet. at least for me it isnt enough and I dont use my data often. if you get it with tmobile, youre stuck with them unless you unlock it.

I never realized just how horrendous AT&Ts pricing was...

ioconnor

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Really should be 200GBs not MBs. Hopefully this article will illuminate just how silly this industry is. However these are Apple zealots so hopefully they get ripped off.

stonedatheist

Distinguished
May 13, 2010

This is monthly data for internet usage, not cloud storage. I don't use 200GB/month on all my devices combined let alone a single tablet. This is a great option for people who don't stream and just need something cheap for basic browsing and email usage. Hopefully they'll expand this offer for non-Apple devices.

P.S. I know it is Apple but I'm still surprised they're selling their ipads for the same $400 & $500 price points (wi-fi only). Anybody who cares about get good bang for the buck would be wise to pick up a Nexus 7 or two (of course there are other options that are better too).

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
A lot like the data deal when the first kindle fire HD's came out last year. But yeah, 200MB is pretty worthless for most things. Nice to have the option though.

Status
Not open for further replies.