[SOLVED] T-Topology\Daisy chain board for 4 sticks?

Nov 22, 2020
Hi guys.
I just ordered 4x8 3600MHz CL16 Crucial Ballistix.
It seems they are single rank.
I've read a bunch and seen that I should get a T-topology board, Even though some mentioned it is useless since even the Daisy chain boards should be good for XMP profile (I'm not into hardcore OCing..)

I can return them for this matter of sake.
Should I return them for 2x16 dual ranked sticks? if so, where can I find something like that?
Should I just get a T-topology board?

Will be using a 5600X.

Solution
Hi guys.
I've read a bunch and seen that I should get a T-topology board, Even though some mentioned it is useless since even the Daisy chain boards should be good for XMP profile (I'm not into hardcore OCing..)

Should I return them for 2x16 dual ranked sticks? if so, where can I find something like that?

Will be using a 5600X.
Worrying about interconnect topology and dual rank vs. single rank sounds like you're interested in extreme overclocking of memory...yet you say you're not.

I'd return the 4 sticks and get 2x16 of whatever's on the QVL for the motherboard you...
Hi guys.

Will be using a 5600X.
Worrying about interconnect topology and dual rank vs. single rank sounds like you're interested in extreme overclocking of memory...yet you say you're not.

I'd return the 4 sticks and get 2x16 of whatever's on the QVL for the motherboard you want. Don't try to get beyond 3200 for now, at least until you get new BIOS as memory support for Ryzen 5000 is a bit spotty above it right now.

And advice to someone not into hardcore overclocking is: don't try beyond 3600 in any case as there's really no significant benefit even if it works and if you have to de-sync IF it can be a major loss of latency.

Reactions: avikef
Solution
Nov 22, 2020

I'd return the 4 sticks and get 2x16 of whatever's on the QVL for the motherboard you want. Don't try to get beyond 3200 for now, at least until you get new BIOS as memory support for Ryzen 5000 is a bit spotty above it right now. Don't try beyond 3600 in any case as it's really no significant benefit if it works and if you have to de-sync IF it can be a major loss of latency.
Thanks!
Where I should check the QVL?