T2X Trailer is out!

For those of you who don't know this already, a huge Thief FM campaign
called T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age has been in development for over four
years (yup), and now the wait is nearly over as the release date draws near.
To wet out appetites the T2X team has released a trailer, and it's really
something to see.

T2X is a completely new,*massive* 13-mission (and not teeny-weeny missions
either, but huge ones) campaign, with a new protagonist, new enemies, new
weapons, custom cinematics and cut-scenes, voice acting, etc. In essence,
it's a completely new, full-blown Thief game. And we're getting it for
free, which is something I still cannot believe. I'd be willing to pay good
money for it. It's a new Thief-game, for cryin' out loud!

Find the trailer at http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip, and
enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far from obsolete.
Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!

The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
available there. Whee :)

- Mika L

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

"Mika Latokartano"
<mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote in

<snip>

> Find the trailer at
> http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip, and
> enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far
> from obsolete. Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!

33.47 megs.

Mika Latokartano wrote:
> For those of you who don't know this already, a huge Thief FM campaign
> called T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age has been in development for over
> four years (yup), and now the wait is nearly over as the release date
> draws near. To wet out appetites the T2X team has released a trailer,
> and it's really something to see.
>
> T2X is a completely new,*massive* 13-mission (and not teeny-weeny
> missions either, but huge ones) campaign, with a new protagonist, new
> enemies, new weapons, custom cinematics and cut-scenes, voice acting,
> etc. In essence, it's a completely new, full-blown Thief game. And
> we're getting it for free, which is something I still cannot believe.
> I'd be willing to pay good money for it. It's a new Thief-game, for
> cryin' out loud!
>
> Find the trailer at http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip,
> and enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far from
> obsolete. Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!
>
> The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
> available there. Whee :)
>
> - Mika L

incase anyone is wondering, it's worth the download...

I've just watched it and i'm squeeling like a little girly with excitment!

YOU CAN DECAPITATE ZOMBIES!

and from the looks of things some kind of gas arrow that sends enemies
into confusion and makes them attack each other!!

and it just looks very very lush indeed.

Daniel.

"Mika Latokartano" <mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote
in message news:d29a2l$ilu$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...
> For those of you who don't know this already, a huge Thief FM campaign
> called T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age has been in development for over four
> years (yup), and now the wait is nearly over as the release date draws
near.
> To wet out appetites the T2X team has released a trailer, and it's really
> something to see.
>
> T2X is a completely new,*massive* 13-mission (and not teeny-weeny missions
> either, but huge ones) campaign, with a new protagonist, new enemies, new
> weapons, custom cinematics and cut-scenes, voice acting, etc. In essence,
> it's a completely new, full-blown Thief game. And we're getting it for
> free, which is something I still cannot believe. I'd be willing to pay
good
> money for it. It's a new Thief-game, for cryin' out loud!
>
> Find the trailer at http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip, and
> enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far from obsolete.
> Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!
>
> The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
> available there. Whee :)
>
> - Mika L

Oh!

Wow!

OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod
OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod!

JJ (UK)

> incase anyone is wondering, it's worth the download...

It definitely is mate.

> I've just watched it and i'm squeeling like a little girly with excitment!
>
> YOU CAN DECAPITATE ZOMBIES!
>
> and from the looks of things some kind of gas arrow that sends enemies
> into confusion and makes them attack each other!!
>
> and it just looks very very lush indeed.
>
> Daniel.

This trailer is fantastic, can't wait, this got to be the best since sliced
bread as they say or more since Thief 2 came out!
Thanks a lot to everybody involved, I gotta go now and howl at the moon in
anticipation.

--
Barnaby

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:12:33 -0700 Mos said :

>33.47 megs.

Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
have a shot at getting the file in stages........

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

On 28 Mar 2005 17:49:39 -0800 Geneve said :

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:12:33 -0700 Mos said :
>>
>>33.47 megs.
>>

>Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
>have a shot at getting the file in stages........

The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be complete.

SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they can get
the files in stages.

Geneve

--

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
> On 28 Mar 2005 17:49:39 -0800 Geneve said :
>>
>>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:12:33 -0700 Mos said :
>>>
>>>33.47 megs.
>>>

>>Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
>>have a shot at getting the file in stages........
>>

> The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be
> complete.
>
> SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they
> can get the files in stages.
>
> Geneve

I downloaded the 33 meg one.
Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no pic.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:57:38 -0700 Mos said :

>"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message

>>>Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
>>>have a shot at getting the file in stages........
>>>

>> The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be
>> complete.
>>
>> SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they
>> can get the files in stages.
>>
>> Geneve
>
>I downloaded the 33 meg one.
>Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no pic.

If no video then it was a codec issue.

Let me know if you need some help.

--

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:57:38 -0700 Mos said :
>>

>>"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message

>>> The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be
>>> complete.
>>>
>>> SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they
>>> can get the files in stages.
>>>
>>> Geneve
>>
>>I downloaded the 33 meg one.
>>Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no
>>pic.
>>
> If no video then it was a codec issue.
>
> Let me know if you need some help.

.......you mean with the codec thing ?
Your last statement distracted me and my
mind went on to something else.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:20:10 -0700 Mos said :

.......you mean with the codec thing ?
>Your last statement distracted me and my
>mind went on to something else.

You're a character......

:)

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

> I downloaded the 33 meg one.
> Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no pic.

Did you install divx codecs.

rms

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
>> I downloaded the 33 meg one.
>> Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no
>> pic.
>
> Did you install divx codecs.
>
> rms

Uh............................no.
Figured it would work on the regular media player.
Thanks for mentioning it.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:19:47 -0700 Mos said :

>"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
>>> I downloaded the 33 meg one.
>>> Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no
>>> pic.
>>
>> Did you install divx codecs.
>>
>> rms
>
>Uh............................no.
>Figured it would work on the regular media player.
>Thanks for mentioning it.

BSplayer is better than windows media player for avi files.

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

Crossposting from alt.games.thief-dark-project:

> For those of you who don't know this already, a huge Thief FM campaign
> called T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age has been in development for over four
> years (yup), and now the wait is nearly over as the release date draws
> near. To wet out appetites the T2X team has released a trailer, and it's
> really something to see.
>
> T2X is a completely new,*massive* 13-mission (and not teeny-weeny missions
> either, but huge ones) campaign, with a new protagonist, new enemies, new
> weapons, custom cinematics and cut-scenes, voice acting, etc. In essence,
> it's a completely new, full-blown Thief game. And we're getting it for
> free, which is something I still cannot believe. I'd be willing to pay
> good money for it. It's a new Thief-game, for cryin' out loud!
>
> Find the trailer at http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip, and
> enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far from obsolete.
> Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!
>
> The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
> available there. Whee :)
>
> - Mika L

rms

> Uh............................no.
> Figured it would work on the regular media player.
> Thanks for mentioning it.

It does work on the regular media player.... as long as you have the divx
codecs installed :)

www.divx.com

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

"Paul Harris" <paul@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote in
message news:d2cadn$d8f$1@domitilla.aioe.org
>> Uh............................no.
>> Figured it would work on the regular media player.
>> Thanks for mentioning it.
>
> It does work on the regular media player.... as long as
> you have the divx codecs installed :)
>
> www.divx.com

Thanks for the URL.

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

"Paul Harris" <paul@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote in
message news:d2cadn$d8f$1@domitilla.aioe.org
>> Uh............................no.
>> Figured it would work on the regular media player.
>> Thanks for mentioning it.
>
> It does work on the regular media player.... as long as
> you have the divx codecs installed :)
>
> www.divx.com

Outstanding.
Mika said it was free. I agree with him, I'd pay for it.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:13:53 -0700 Mos said :

>> It does work on the regular media player.... as long as
>> you have the divx codecs installed :)
>>
>> www.divx.com
>
>Outstanding.
>Mika said it was free. I agree with him, I'd pay for it.

If you are talking DivX here. I paid for it.

The rub is in my case the beast unless you have a fire wall installed.
It keeps wanting to call out to the internet even though your paid
number works fine.

Well thats whats going on with my end any ways.

Any program that opens the thing boom tries calling out to the divx people.

very annoying till I put each program in to my firewall to auto block the beast.

Calls to the techs got ignored..... Nice huh. You pay for the codec and
tech support wont reply to the issue.

--

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:13:53 -0700 Mos said :
>>
>>> It does work on the regular media player.... as long as
>>> you have the divx codecs installed :)
>>>
>>> www.divx.com
>>
>>Outstanding.
>>Mika said it was free. I agree with him, I'd pay for it.
>>

> If you are talking DivX here. I paid for it.

I was way too vague. I was commenting on the trailer.
My apologies.

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:20:10 -0700 Mos said :
>>
> ......you mean with the codec thing ?
>>Your last statement distracted me and my
>>mind went on to something else.
>>

> You're a character......
>
> :)

And I can cook.

Mos wrote:

> "Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message

>>>Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
>>>have a shot at getting the file in stages........
>>>

>>The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be
>>complete.
>>
>>SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they
>>can get the files in stages.
>>
>>Geneve
>

> I downloaded the 33 meg one.
> Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no pic.

the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very dark.
They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see more of it.
Albert

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:03:52 GMT Albert Conklin said :

>the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very dark.
>They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see more of it.
>Albert

I know what you mean.

If you bump in to the wrong sort all they do is counter with
it is called "The Dark Project" or some varient.

--

"Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:cOn2e.23056$ot.18475@tornado.texas.rr.com...

> the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very dark.
> They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see more of it.
> Albert

That can also be related to your particular graphics card, driver version,
display type and its settings. But granted, it is a bit on the dark side.
Start out with a darkened room, and then what you can do, is adjust the
brightness and the contrast with the Media Player's video settings (at least
on WinXP, latest Media Player) to a level of your liking.

- Mika L
..

"Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message

> the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very dark.
> They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see more of it.
> Albert

Most likely related to your grafx card/monitor etc. setup or your gamma
settings, like Mika said.
Wasn't too dark here.

Try a decent player like Crystalplayer or JetAudio that lets you adjust
these settings easily.

--

Barnaby