t5 hard drive not showing up anymore?

sla70r

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Hello,

I recently purchased a new 1 tb t5 SSD and had been using it the last few days. It no longer shows up in my file explorer anymore? What gives? I've unplugged and re plugged it in a few times to no avail, and i cant get it to show up on another computer to transfer my files off. It will show up in my computer management, but i dont want to lose all my data by formatting.... yikes!

Solution
With external devices - you have to always safely remove them before disconnecting physically.
"Unplugging and re-plugging" without safe removal can cause file system/partition info corruption like you experienced.

Usually, when this happens, you can use Minitool Partition Wizard Free - partition recovery function to revert the damage.

sla70r

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Trying to get the photo to show up
https://imgur.com/vxdrh9V

vxdrh9V

sla70r

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Update: When I bought the t5, i didnt create a partition or name it... just started using it. When i booted it up today, it was stripped of any data... I now formatted the drive and it seems to be a bit more stable ( hasn't disappeared from my directory). Luckily, I back up everything to 3 drives so i was able to copy stuff over.

Question for everyone.... should we always format a new SSD... or are some plug-and-play?

With external devices - you have to always safely remove them before disconnecting physically.
"Unplugging and re-plugging" without safe removal can cause file system/partition info corruption like you experienced.

Usually, when this happens, you can use Minitool Partition Wizard Free - partition recovery function to revert the damage.

Solution