[SOLVED] T5500 GPU Upgrade

Jan 5, 2019
I was going to upgrade my GPU in my t5500 workstation.

The GPU upgrade I want is a Sapphire RX 570 Nitro+ 4gb

My only problems were if my PC was compatible at all or if the GPU will even fit.

After researching myself i found the PC is compatible although i am a bit worried about the fit. I can take out the blue case thing that is in at the moment but i am still worried about the height.

It is 5.3 in tall and when i measured it I couldn't exactly tell if it would fit.

So my main point is. If anyone has this card on a T5500 or a T3500 let me know if it works or if anyone can tell me the max dimensions for the T5500 so i can know to just get the regular rx 570 rather than the Nitro.

Solution
There is a large blue retaining bracket which can be removed. But the trap door I'm referring to is the metal part that holds the GPU bracket down unless you use the screws. It has a blue latch on it that you pinch to open it. The latch sticks out into the inside of the case there.
Jan 5, 2019

Only thing i have changed is
Ram:16 to 31 Gb
cpu: dual E5540 to dual X5650
and gpu :gtx 570 to gtx 760 (trying to upgrade further so i can play games at 1080p better than now)
everything else is the exact same i did a lot of research for mobo compatability and other people have the sane builld so size is all I am worried about

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

That card will fit, although the X5650's cores are a little on the slow side(base clock, 2.66ghz/max boost clock, 3.06ghz), so I wouldn't imagine a huge jump in overall fps with the new card.

Jan 5, 2019

I looked at my T3500 and the trap door over the GPU brackets looks like the blue plastic latch might hit the cover on that GPU. The GPU should fit OK. You could leave the trap door open, or take it off. The studs sticking up are actually screws you can remove from the bottom and bolt the video card in from the top to hold it in place without the latching device.

Jan 5, 2019

Yeah thast what I thought. I would just like to start somewhere with making my own pc on the budget side (found this card for only 150 on newegg) as soon as i get a job in the summer as i am in highschool i am going to basically mimic my brothers build besides the graphics card. I also saw a video of someone playing with a stock x5650 with a 1060 which is the closest equivalent to the rx 570 and he had 90 fps avg on ultra while i would get 40 as of right now on ultra so i'm just gonna get the card to stqart it will atleast make my games plaly at 60 fps if i tweek the settings
Thanks for all the help!

Jan 5, 2019

Thats what i was planning on doing as the blue trap door isn't doing anything right now besides sitting on top of the GPU because the Gpu is too wide so taking it out wouldn't hurt.
thanks!

There is a large blue retaining bracket which can be removed. But the trap door I'm referring to is the metal part that holds the GPU bracket down unless you use the screws. It has a blue latch on it that you pinch to open it. The latch sticks out into the inside of the case there.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS