Tablet as a touchpad

Apristian30

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
I know this should be possible somehow im just wondering if anyone knows anything.

I was wondering if i could use my tablet (andriod 2.2. very old i know) as a touchpad for my desktop running windows 8.
So like instead of moving with the mouse i could use the tablet instead.

Or maybe even my android phone? Maybe later on would it be possible to do this with a windows tablet/phone? Does anyone know?

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
I'm looking for an answer to this as well, although my hopes are not high. I just picked up a Logitech T650 touchpad, and it works flawlessly. Then it occurred to me that there must be a way to use my Asus TF201 or GS3 as a W8 touchpad. I wouldn't mind saving the $80 and returning the T650, but I have doubts that such a flawless experience could be attained on an Android device.

There have been mouse emulator apps on Android, but IME they work poorly. They are prone to crashing and have quite a bit of latency. This leads me to believe that even if there were Windows 8 touchpad apps for Android, they would probably have issues similar to those of the mouse apps. Curiously, when I had an iPod Touch, the mouse apps worked quite well, but that was not enough to justify keeping the piece of iCrap.

Apristian30

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
I've use those apps like you have mention like a mouse but im looking for more of a touchpad. I might have to check out that Logitech you mention tho.

I use my Logitech G-11 Keyboard and i have assigned shortcut keys to my 16 G buttons its helps me keep a super clean desktop and prevents me from hitting my windows key on the keyboard. So the new windows 8 Interface doesnt really bother me at all.

Love the last comment about the apple product... lol