Tablet Sales Will Continue to Strengthen, Says Research Firm

Status
Not open for further replies.

herooftimex

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
"the company expects Windows tablets to increase its share in the market from 2.9 percent predicted for 2012 to 10.3 percent in 2016."

Why would anyone try to predict the cell phone market 4 years from now? Windows 7 is only 3.5 years old, and 4 years ago Android just became stable, 1.0.

So much has changed since then and no one could have predicted it 4 years in advance. This whole article is just one big grain of salt.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
in other news, cars will continue to become more fuel efficient. Now, someone pay me for my highly complex prediction.... -_-

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Do we really need to waste money on research like this. Talk about stating the obvious. Here's another safe prediction, Surface RT will die a painful death and Surface Pro will scrape through by the skin if its teeth once manufacturers start dropping their prices to reasonable levels.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]pacomac[/nom]Do we really need to waste money on research like this. Talk about stating the obvious. Here's another safe prediction, Surface RT will die a painful death and Surface Pro will scrape through by the skin if its teeth once manufacturers start dropping their prices to reasonable levels.[/citation]

Ha...hahahahahhaa :D Intel dropping their prices :D Hahahaha... Now seriously! Surface Pro is a Laptop without a fixed keyboard with Desktop OS (which means inefficiency and resource hunger). How could that ever be as efficient and useful as a normal iPad?

Surface Pro will always remain a niche and will never be as cheap and efficient as a real tablet.

G

[citation][nom]Cats_Paw[/nom]When Tablets can play windows games same as in my PC, ill get a tablet. Before that, not interested.Dont have to be crysis or witcher 2, but at least baldurs gate, or dungeon keeper 1.[/citation]

Hey Cats-Paw, have a look at Splashtop THD, it plays your PC games with customisable on screen controls, you need a tegra 3 device (I recommend the ASUS Infinity) and you can use the Asus Transformer Keyboard to play these games as well as a USB mouse

Also check out the Razer Project Fiona

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]pacomac[/nom]Do we really need to waste money on research like this. Talk about stating the obvious. Here's another safe prediction, Surface RT will die a painful death and Surface Pro will scrape through by the skin if its teeth once manufacturers start dropping their prices to reasonable levels.[/citation]
Data based evidence speaks louder than conjecture and heresy... Just because the data supports your conjecture or hypothesis doesn't make the cost associated with proving these ideas any less valuable...

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Data based evidence speaks louder than conjecture and heresy... Just because the data supports your conjecture or hypothesis doesn't make the cost associated with proving these ideas any less valuable...[/citation]I agree 100%. A good example of this would be "Macs don't get viruses". That conjecture and hearsay is completely wrong and only a research firm spending money on it can prove it wrong.

sulanis

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
honestly, it makes sense! They are light and portable and do almost everything a desktop or laptop can do. So it only make poeple want them more.

Status
Not open for further replies.