Question Tablet won't charge

ComputerWhiz305

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2014
So I have an unbranded tablet that I bought. It's charged great for the past year or so that I've had it. Recently, it stopped charging properly with the charger that came with it (a 2A charger). It would charge, but extremely slowly (like <5% overnight). Thinking that maybe charger was no good, I went out and bought a new one. That still doesn't work.

I tried my Samsung phone charger (it's a 1A) and it charges fine with that one. I tried the new 2A charger on my phone and it's working to charge that, so obviously the charger isn't broken.

Why would the tablet suddenly be rejecting the 2A charger when that's the power output that it's been using since I got it?

So I have an unbranded tablet that I bought. It's charged great for the past year or so that I've had it. Recently, it stopped charging properly with the charger that came with it (a 2A charger). It would charge, but extremely slowly (like <5% overnight). Thinking that maybe charger was no good, I went out and bought a new one. That still doesn't work.

I tried my Samsung phone charger (it's a 1A) and it charges fine with that one. I tried the new 2A charger on my phone and it's working to charge that, so obviously the charger isn't broken.

Why would the tablet suddenly be rejecting the 2A charger when that's the power output that it's been using since I got it?

could be a bad cable also could be a dodgy micro usb port this is why type c is slowly taking over micro usb can easily be broken