Tablets like surface pro 3

ernzzy

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
Hello all,

I am currently in the market looking for a tablet similar to the surface pro 3, the reason I don't want surface pro 3 is that cause it's a bit pricey for the specs it offers + the keyboard is an extra £100 alone making it around 675£ (with student discount) for the i5 model.

I am looking for a tablet that can do the following:

1) Take notes, both with a stylus (draw diagrams) and keyboard to write text (reason being I am an engineer so i need to include graphical annotations as well as write text about it)
2) Be able to multi task easily (this is cause i am used to fast processor as I have a desktop with i7 and i use programs such as photoshop cs6 + AutoCad)
3) Be as portable an and 1 packaged as possible to reduce clutter

The thing I will be using this tablet is for taking notes during lectures as well as doing work at home. Also watching HD videos from netflix and general web surfing.

Thanks for responses in advance

The problem is there are not many tablet-like products with an active digitizer like the Surface Pro 3. There's the less expensive Surface 3 that has a Cherry Trail generation Atom CPU which provides the same functionality as the Pro version but it has lower performance.

There is the 12.5" Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga which is a convertible laptop with an active digitizer, but it is relatively expensive with a starting price of $890 USD. Which if converted is about 792 Euros. Active digitizer technology is moderately expensive and not very common in tablets an laptops so that probably adds about $100 USD to the price of a device that has it.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/yoga-series/yoga-12/