Tacens Mars Gaming MP600 PSU help

Kablam1

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
So I bought this PSU a few months ago and after buying GTX 750ti I started to worry if I bought a good PSU or just a heap of junk

This is the PSUs stats and stuff http://www.marsgaming.eu/en/products/mp600.html

Is this PSU really really crap?
Should it hold for AT LEAST 1 year if my PC only needs 300-350W

I need to confirm it can hold out for at least 1 year because at the moment I am way too busy with school and have no money

Solution
Rust has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the PSU, rather it is an indication that wherever you are using your PC may not be ideal (Too humid, high salt level, etc.).

On these forums, the GTX 750 Ti has a special place, since it is the most powerful card that can be added to an OEM PC with a substandard PSU and still function normally without problems. If you aren't gonna be upgrading, save your money and stick with your PSU; while it certainly isn't suitable for an enthusiast PC, it'll be fine for a GTX 750 Ti, as it is almost certainly better quality than an OEM manufactured PSU.

Chayan4400

Honorable

Unfortunately, yes, that PSU certainly isn't one to be used for any high power rig. It isn't on Tom's Hardware's PSU Tier list , which usually means that it isn't a reputable brand. Also, I could find little information about the company itself.

The good news is it should be enough to run a GTX 750 Ti without any problems, but if you plan to upgrade to a more powerful GPU like a GTX 960 or R9 270, you will need to upgrade the PSU as well. Start saving now, and get a good Tier 1 or 2 PSU from the PSU Tier list, and you will be fine.

Kablam1

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

Though could it hold out for at least a year with the 750 Ti? Warranty is 2 years but I don't think it can reach that

At the moment completely out of cash and got school so generating some cash isn't possible for a while

I inspected the PSU physically and was surprised to find it rusty inside the box, pretty sure refunds aren't done ~2 months after purchase date :(
And I paid 50$ for that piece of scrap...

DanCastellaneta

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015

You found it rusty?
Yeah, at least try to save up for a new power supply because that can't be good anywhere.

Kablam1

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

This isn't bptf, no sh*tposts :^)
That doesn't really help
also 52

DanCastellaneta

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015

:^(
I would say it can hold up, but once again, save up for a new PSU.

Chayan4400

Honorable
Rust has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the PSU, rather it is an indication that wherever you are using your PC may not be ideal (Too humid, high salt level, etc.).

On these forums, the GTX 750 Ti has a special place, since it is the most powerful card that can be added to an OEM PC with a substandard PSU and still function normally without problems. If you aren't gonna be upgrading, save your money and stick with your PSU; while it certainly isn't suitable for an enthusiast PC, it'll be fine for a GTX 750 Ti, as it is almost certainly better quality than an OEM manufactured PSU.

Solution

Kablam1

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

Thanks a lot, that was the answer I wanted to hear. I'll save up for a new PSU as soon as I get any money to begin with
Picked as the solution :)

TRENDING THREADS