News Tachyum Teases 128-Core CPU: 5.7 GHz, 950W, 16 DDR5 Channels

cfbcfb

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
I like how the "low power" option at the bottom of the stack is still 180W.

But that's for 32 cores? If the performance claims turn out to be true (another story altogether!) then it'd be one of the lowest power draw 32 core desktop cpu's.

The Intel 12 cores and AMD 8 core cpus in the current gen all draw 200W+.

Reactions: gg83

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
It's interesting how the industry seems to be going "compute specific" hardware, while this company is trying to go the other way. I hope it works! It seems the software people have to be on board though.

Jun 17, 2022
:) I'm proud of that this product is from Slovakia, is faster than Intel, Amd and Nvidia with low power, everyone buy this and big producers lost customers, Slovakia is the best :). Year 2023 is last year for current CPU and GPU manufacturer. Prodigy will be everywhere from Server to Desktops and notebooks i hope in phones too.

Pleiades

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2005
:) I'm proud of that this product is from Slovakia, is faster than Intel, Amd and Nvidia with low power, everyone buy this and big producers lost customers, Slovakia is the best :). Year 2023 is last year for current CPU and GPU manufacturer. Prodigy will be everywhere from Server to Desktops and notebooks i hope in phones too.

Oh dear. Prepare to be disappointed. Nationalistic hubris is unseemly. And quite often fatal...