Question TagSpaces Portable can't search for files on my Seagate Expansion HDD ?

Dec 19, 2020
A little background:
So i owned a seagate expansion portable 4TB for my family video and photo. I also use Tagspaces Portable to organize my file as it appeared to be recommended on the forum.

Now i think the problem is the drive itself, or maybe the window system issues. When i run tagspace which located on my seagate drive, i cant search for anything on it using the program's search feature, but tagspace is still able to search for other files on my internal drive. However, when i moved the program to my internal drive, it is able to search for files on my external seagate drive now! I wondering is this some kind of seagate drive restriction? Or is it the window system problem? Pls help.

Dec 19, 2020
From the link:
  • The content of TXT, MD and HTML, if the full text search is activated for the current location. The full text search for these files is a PRO feature.
I underlined current.
The full text search is locked as default for basic version, so i dont think it is actived
edit: i just checked, ye it is locked, cant active it even if i want to

Ralston18

Titan
Contact Tagsspace.

Ask if PRO is needed in order to activate full search.,

They may offer a short time trial with full functionality so you can test the search capabilities on other drives.

If those searches fail then that would be an indication that something else is not as it should be.