chuck817

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
After reading the article on tom’s hardware about the tai-chi case and it having sharp edges I was apprehensive about purchasing one for my new money pit "liquid cooled amd64 bit duel core playtoy"

But I like the design and the fact that so little needs to be redesigned for liquid cooling

So I went ahead and got one any way thinking that if its crap I can return it and get something else

Today is a Very Merry Christmas for ME it just arrived Big box for a big case

But when I opened it up to my surprise no sharp edges, all the claims that were in the article “Either Way ATX or BTX Cases” were true but no sharp edged so either they got a bad case or the testers have baby hands

So now I don’t know what to think of serious testing by tom’s hardware
I do rely on testers to give an honest opinion but they should have more than one item to judge upon. After all they do give the equipment back to the company that produced it and what happens if during a fridays or monday manfacturing the guy thats getting fired decides to be sloppy or do somthing nasty to the part that being shipped to judged

chuck817

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
Just the case sorry and its 490.00 where I am in Canada just for the case thats plenty expensive enough thats 200 more than my last case add on shipping and taxes and its a OUCH for me but it's my once a year spurge to pamper myself
600.00 with all the other components plus taxes and shipping
But I asked and the system that they ship with is 1/4 inch and thats too small for duel SLI video and a cpu so my new years gift is a 1/2 inch cooling system from dangerden via bigfootcomputer in Toronto
another 400.00 bones

chuck817

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
well I know know why this case is so expensive
my last aluminum case had about 30% plastic patrts in it
the front is alunimum an plastic the wheels are plastic etc
like I said about 30%

the tai-chi the only plastic parts I found are the fan casings and the hold down clamps for the expansion cards and of course the wheels
the rest of the computer is aluminum or extruded aluminum even the replaceable front covers where you put in your dvd and cd burners are aluminum.

WOW I am impressed 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

when it comes time to despose of this case in 5 or 6 years I can sell it for scrap metal and make money instead of just giving it away with the MOBO cpu and ram

I have taken this thing apart and still not a cut anywhere on my hands or arms

RichPLS

Champion
I am fixing to order the Lian Li PC-60B Plus Black Mid tower PC Case Aluminum with side window and a Lian-Li 3.5in LCD Thermometer and Fan Controller.
pc-60plus.jpg