News Taiwan SSD Makers to Sell Drives Directly to Chia Miners

OriginFree

Distinguished
May 23, 2015
i mean he has nothing to do with it.

It was a thing long b4 he ever mentioned it.

It will be a thing long after he is tired of it.

True, but let's keep the kicking of Musk's balls as a back-up thing just in case.
You can never go wrong with a good nut shot to a nut-job.

Co BIY

Splendid
Maybe the Chinese economy ( or the whole culture) is so repressed that all financial (and maybe some others) mania's can only get expression in the technology sphere because the CCP has been/is "laisse-faire" (or maybe naively boosterist) around technology.

I know that other countries and cultures are involved in this crypto craziness but China does appear to be the epicenter.

I am not committed to this idea and would love to hear better ones. I would also be interested hear what Chinese Crypto currency culture looks like to someone in China.

In my circle it is the same people who are always chasing the latest get rich quick idea (pot stocks, house flipping without skills, ect...). Always just about to make so much money they can retire early but somehow always still back at work a year later.

InvalidError

Titan
I know that other countries and cultures are involved in this crypto craziness but China does appear to be the epicenter.
It is nearly impossible to get money out of China without getting it cleared by the government, so I can imagine the interest in ways to bypass government oversight by converting money to crypto via mining and then cashing it out elsewhere. With the Chinese economy being built like a house of cards, quite often literally as entire families lock their life savings into shoddily-built bare-concrete condos that may crumble only a few years down the line, it cannot afford money getting taken out of the economy in an uncontrolled manner.