Taiwanese Animators Take On Steve Jobs' Biography

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Easy role, rip everyone off as much as possible while forcing them into a sheep pen, have your company sue every other competitor who have a superior product and don't donate a dime in charity while the workers producing the items sold commit suicide due to the working conditions. Shame i cant sink so low or the role would been easy to get into!

zzz_b

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Steve Jobs invented nothing. He was a good observer and refined the products that failed into succesful products.
I hope he MUST use Android, where ever he is now :_)

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]I would like if they interview some of the ex foxcon workers that suicide from the poor working conditions that apple supported.[/citation]
Steve is currently stood in the middle of a queue of people waiting to get into hell's equivalent of the pearly gates, there is a line of Foxconn suicide victims in front of him and it's taking a loooooong time to get in.

growup

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Who cares, the guy is an ahole for the reasons below:

1. Scammed Wocz and lied to him for his ideas. Best BFF ever.

2. Gave two-#$*& about his employees. Terrible manager from others perspectives online.

3. Californian. **Yeah Herbal meds really helped you in the end huh?**

4. Didn't believe in families.

5. Started to believe in God in the end? He thought he was God himself until oops.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]jl0329[/nom]Good or bad, the man is dead. Respect the dead, even he is bad.[/citation]
Hitler, Bin Laden, Stalin and Jeffrey Dahmer are all dead too
Should I respect them?
Simply being not alive anymore does not confer an instant respect status on someone, I feel sorry for Steve Jobs family and friends, but he was still an a-hole.

jl0329

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Hitler, Bin Laden, Stalin and Jeffrey Dahmer are all dead tooShould I respect them?...Simply being not alive anymore does not confer an instant respect status on someone, I feel sorry for Steve Jobs family and friends, but he was still an a-hole.[/citation]

Retaliating a general statement with such extreme cases does not warrant a higher moral point. Ok, wtf am I talking about? NM, all I want to say is, you may feel like he is a-hole, but he is dead and you are not. You win :) and just leave the dead along. Personally, I and my family actually enjoy Apple's product a lot, I hold no grudge for him.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
While I haven't agreed with a lot of Apple over the years, Jobs had directly/indirectly pushed technology where it is today, and for that I thank you Jobs. Only Apple product I have actually owned is an iPod and hope to keep it that way.

But one thing that always sticks with me about Jobs (in a bad way) and how he views his employees and work ethic is:

"90 hours a week and loving it"

You will be missed Steve, even though I haven't agreed with most of your practices over the past 25 years. You did have a vision Steve, but I wouldn't call it revolutionary.

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Hitler, Bin Laden, Stalin and Jeffrey Dahmer are all dead tooShould I respect them?[/citation]

In general, people that bring up Hitler and Stalin in a comparison cannot be taken seriously.

I do not agree with Jobs, but it's important to calm down. As we say, "dead men have no mouths".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS