TAKE A --PC VS. MAC-- QUIZ

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

misu

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>>>I have no doubt Mac's are easier to use,
???!!!
>WHAT?

that's kinda right, that's why micro$sot stole it for win95 GUI

Misu
__'_

G

Good On Ya! :)

If you go to the links page on that site you'll find some useful stuff....

If you get stuck (nahhhhh) feel free to yell at me :)

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
wusy, what makes OS X a dream? Ive heard a lot of appraise for it, but havent heard anything technical. could you please give me the hightlights?

<font color=blue>Intel Inside</font color=blue> = <font color=red>IDIOT</font color=red> Outside
:wink:

G

Oh phulease

Darwin is running on x86 and who would use a UI like that?!!!

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
He didn't say crash-proof. He said most anticrashable. That means it's hardest to crash. Oh phulease read the post next time.

- "I forgot my shirt, but I had body glitter."

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hendy, i almost always reply to the last post. i read them all, then intead of scrolling back up to look for the exact one i want to reply to, i just reply to the last one, take it easy chief
Oh, and wusy, when i asked for technical specs, i didnt mean "most anticrashable os in the world", mac oses are supposed to be, its the only good thing about them

<font color=blue>Intel Inside</font color=blue> = <font color=red>IDIOT</font color=red> Outside
:wink: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheAntipop on 01/15/01 02:07 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
OSx is a form of linux? That seems odd for some reason, its like giving linux a user friendly GUI. never heard that b4

If at first you don't succede, skydiving isn't for you. :frown:

misu

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
links ok, ROM ok, os8 does not run
boot with extensions off it says no file system or smth

The partition that i just formatted, after a reboot was gone, no more bootable, not even windoze so i made a big hsv file that works ok

installed netscape(4.05) and ppp
when running netscape all system(os/emulator in fact) halts for 10-20 sec, and then back on ok

rest it's working fine :)

Misu
__'_

G

Get rid of A/ROSE, it's in System Folder -> Extensions (if it even got installed), and update to OS 8.1.

As for Netscape, that is unfortunately normal on THG.

Did you try out the NAT?

Lastly, only format whole disks af HFS, and only in WinNT/2000 :)

G

"...The G4+ may be faster than a T-bird at the same clock speed, but Motorola hasn't been able to go further than 733 mhz and AMD has been manufacturing for a while 1.2 Ghz processors...."

And worse yet for Apple, the 733 G4 will not be out until April (if it is on schedule, by which time AMD will have Athlons out that will be in the 1.4 - 1.5 Ghz range. 733 just wasn't enoough to keep Motorola/Apple in the game. They needed to jump directly up to the 1 Ghz range if they wanted to be competitive. But...they didn't and probably will not for a long, long time.

Stereo

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2001
i just got a new g4 (my first mac) and when i turned it on it went stright to mac os, no dos, no bios , no counting memory, it went stright to the place i wanted to be,i wonder if windows will ever be a standalone os like mac?
without relying on a Dirty Operating System (dos)

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well i reason i dont like MACS you can't tweak the hell out of them. i tried 6 hours to get Linux on Brother's G4 400. i got it on the mac to work in linux. i threw the no button mouse away. i bought him a new mouse Microsoft intelli mouse. Him MACS ARE HARD TO UPGRADE.

MAC OSx is like WINDOWS, Not OPEN SOURCE

MAKE SURE you download Linux kenral 2.4.0 its a good one

Cel 533 - 256mb sdram
15gb HD - ati radeon 32mb ddr (200/200)
SB live! mp3+ - win98 Beos