Question Taking control of a reformatted, external HDD from Mac to PC ?

Mar 18, 2023
New person here. On my Apple computer when attaching a external hard drive I can take complete control over what goes onto the external hard drive. An example of this is I make a file of a music artist (example: Robin Trower) once that file is made I make a file inside that title. (example: Bridge of Sighs) Once that is done then I drag the song titles into that album "file" and then I move on. In this way I have absolute control over what goes into it and exactly how I have it laid out. I do this style for audiobook also. With movies I just drag the movie into the "movie file" and then its backed up.

On my Lenovo Surface pc (windows 10 roughly 9 years old) I can not do anything like this. I plug in the ext hd usb (Lacie Rugged) I have decided I want to be PC specific. It takes control over how its organized if any.

I want control of the ext hd on the pc like I have on my Apple computer. Is there anyways of doing this that doesnt require a deep deep knowledge of back doors, front doors, side doors?

New person here. On my Apple computer when attaching a external hard drive I can take complete control over what goes onto the external hard drive. An example of this is I make a file of a music artist (example: Robin Trower) once that file is made I make a file inside that title. (example: Bridge of Sighs) Once that is done then I drag the song titles into that album "file" and then I move on. In this way I have absolute control over what goes into it and exactly how I have it laid out. I do this style for audiobook also. With movies I just drag the movie into the "movie file" and then its backed up.

On my Lenovo Surface pc (windows 10 roughly 9 years old) I can not do anything like this. I plug in the ext hd usb (Lacie Rugged) I have decided I want to be PC specific. It takes control over how its organized if any.

I want control of the ext hd on the pc like I have on my Apple computer. Is there anyways of doing this that doesnt require a deep deep knowledge of back doors, front doors, side doors?
It would have to be formatted in any Microsoft/Windows file format like Fat 32, exFat or NTFS.