[SOLVED] Taking suggestions on upgrading.

Aug 25, 2019
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model X58-USB3
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz, 3060 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 10.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 10.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 6.45 GB
Total Virtual Memory 20.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 15.6 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card, something that'll have no problems running newer games do I need to upgrade anything else?
Recently upgradedhard drive with SSD 500gb
I'd like to upgrade my graphics to something like the ZOTAC RTX 2060.

Solution
There are a couple options. The host of the youtube channel tech yes city was and still is a huge fan of the x58 platform, and upgrading to a 6 core xeon processor on that motherboard with a Good cooler and an overclock might save it a few more years. I would however figure out the RAM situation, 10GB is most certainly not a balanced kit.

That being said the 2060 is getting to the point where hardware of that age will find it hard to keep up no matter what you do with it.

if you do a full system upgrade, the AMD ryzen 3000 series is a spectacular option right now

CRITICALThinker

Distinguished
There are a couple options. The host of the youtube channel tech yes city was and still is a huge fan of the x58 platform, and upgrading to a 6 core xeon processor on that motherboard with a Good cooler and an overclock might save it a few more years. I would however figure out the RAM situation, 10GB is most certainly not a balanced kit.

That being said the 2060 is getting to the point where hardware of that age will find it hard to keep up no matter what you do with it.

if you do a full system upgrade, the AMD ryzen 3000 series is a spectacular option right now

Reactions: Mikey139
Solution
Aug 25, 2019

It has a great cooling system, I'm definitely interested in the AMD ryzen 3000 series. I'd like to upgrade motherboard, graphics card, and processor.

CRITICALThinker

Distinguished
As far as specifics It really is up to what is available to you. For a new platform you have to go either x570 chipset, or find a b450 or x470 with the bios flashback feature (whatever they call it, mostly MSI boards) that allows you to update the bios without a CPU installed. A good fast 16gb kit of DDR4 (unless you feel the need for 32, use case depending) The 2060 is a good card. Not sure what power supply you currently have but a good tier 1 or two (80+ gold, or a high quality bronze) power supply at around 650W is a good range for a single GPU system. you might be able to run a 500W but I'm not sure. A PSU guy will probably come in at some point and make a post

Reactions: Mikey139