Solution
No, those standoffs should work fine -- they shouldn't be any more of a problem with shorts than they are with motherboards. It is unlikely that just the bare drive would short to the surface it is laid on, but you are better off with the standoffs to make sure it doesn't short. You would even be okay by just laying the drive on a sheet of plastic, although I like to secure all my drives so they don't move around when the computer is moved.

RealBeast

Titan
No, those standoffs should work fine -- they shouldn't be any more of a problem with shorts than they are with motherboards. It is unlikely that just the bare drive would short to the surface it is laid on, but you are better off with the standoffs to make sure it doesn't short. You would even be okay by just laying the drive on a sheet of plastic, although I like to secure all my drives so they don't move around when the computer is moved.

Solution

mr_lucklegs

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
By the way, this for a 1.8in ssd since,they don't have mounting brackets for them. I'm making a custom mini case and do not want to use Velcro to mount it. So hopefully this works.