Taliban Renamed in Medal of Honor, PC Beta Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
How terrible! Developers have succumbed to the attitude of...
POLITICALLY CORRECTNESS O_O

Shall we not speak in case we offend?

screechy

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
It's just a game... I see no harm in it. I didn't hear people crying about having Japanese people killing Americans in world at war....

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Soon they will replace the nazis in WWII games, then the communists, afghans, and eventually we won't be allowed to shoot at aliens! :(

G

You guys need to understand how it is in time of conflict for the families of fallen soldiers or active military. It's not about censorship. I have no family or friends at war but I can understand very well how and why they are doing this. It's clear in this article. Opposing Force is a crappy name though lol. They could have thought of a better replacement. Like "cave dwellers" or something like that.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]abhik[/nom]am i the only one who read:GPU: 512 MB of VRAM with Nvidia GeForce GTX260 or ATI Radeon 4870?[/citation]What slot do I put the VRAM into? =P

[citation][nom]abhik[/nom]am i the only one who read:GPU: 512 MB of VRAM with Nvidia GeForce GTX260 or ATI Radeon 4870?[/citation]

Well it's basically the same requirements as BC:BF2. The gameplay from what I've seen is generally the same. So it's not surprising it has similar requirements. Plus those are just recommended, you can easily just get a 4850 now for 85 bucks and OC it.

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
those system reqs look pretty rough. Not for my main rig but my other systems arent up to snuff. only 9800gtx on my other rigs.
About the name change, I don't really care. I'm not one to hold back from offending dirks, but provoking anything isn't smart either. If we could only just get along and play our video games.

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Zbob[/nom]You guys need to understand how it is in time of conflict for the families of fallen soldiers or active military.[/citation]
But it's OK for the "good guys" to be the US Army?
What about all the innocent families overseas who have suffered a loss at the hands of the "good guys".
I find it rather pathetic that they renamed the "bad guys".

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Once again, the voice of a minority overrides the will of the majority. These soldiers fought and died to protect a little something called Freedom of Speech. Don't desecrate what they died for by forcing your skewed view of how something is insensitive to the whole gaming community.

[citation][nom]abhik[/nom]am i the only one who read:GPU: 512 MB of VRAM with Nvidia GeForce GTX260 or ATI Radeon 4870?[/citation]

Thats recommended. I downloaded the open Beta on Steam and have a Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4GB of DDR2 a HD4870 1GB and Windows 7 and was able to play it maxed out with no issues.

For the name change, meh. As long as the game is good it doesn't matter. Then again its EA. they tend to screw a lot up.

tektek2000

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]Lame. I wish I could say I lost respect for EA, but I never had any to begin with. But I still hate when bitches get their way.[/citation]

Totally agree.. whats a Terrorist to some..is a freedom fighter for another.. its a matter of perspective...
I think there shouldn't be good/bad guys... just Team 1/Team 2... or Enemy soliders.. with no stereotyping.

tektek2000

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]arael[/nom]But it's OK for the "good guys" to be the US Army?What about all the innocent families overseas who have suffered a loss at the hands of the "good guys".I find it rather pathetic that they renamed the "bad guys".[/citation]

Totally agree.. whats a Terrorist to some..is a freedom fighter for another.. its a matter of perspective...
I think there shouldn't be good/bad guys... just Team 1/Team 2... or Enemy soliders.. with no stereotyping.

(sorry replied to wrong post earlier)

yyk71200

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
The core to the conflict is that they perceive US and other western nations as a threat to their ways of life, their culture. That is why they act toward us with aggression. In turn, the western world perceives their aggressiveness as a threat (for example, terrorism) and responds with aggressiveness as well (wars against terrorism). This in turn makes Middle East even more aggressive. This pattern is very difficult to break.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Zbob[/nom]You guys need to understand how it is in time of conflict for the families of fallen soldiers or active military. It's not about censorship. I have no family or friends at war but I can understand very well how and why they are doing this. It's clear in this article. Opposing Force is a crappy name though lol. They could have thought of a better replacement. Like "cave dwellers" or something like that.[/citation]

yes, but its a video game not real life. you either get to gtow up and not be offended, or become a complete pussy who cant handle life and needs padded walls to protect yourself.

i just cant wait for mods to come in, put the name back into the game, and it becomes the most played mod

Spike53

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
I'm offended that in COD WaW, I can play for the Wermacht or Nazi Army and kill American soldiers. Some of my relatives have died in their hands and I am deeply offended that they haven't renamed it to "Opposing Force" or army or whatever you want to call it.
Enough of the sarcasm, even though I don't personally know anyone who was a combatant in the Afghanistan or Iraq war, this issue seems overblown. It's a game, relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.