Question Tangle of headphones

Hi try doing same as me , put the shortest usb cable you can find into your pc and connect your headphones to that , now when you connect re-connect you will not cause wear and tear on the pc usb board , i did this because my usb sockets are very tight and did not want to risk pushing the board of the mount in the pc case. When you dont want to use the headset simply disconnect from the usb cable but dont coil the cable up , just lay the headset on the edge of your desk with the cable handing loose.

I been wondering this for many years so decided to do a bit of googling , the scientific explanation for this is very technical but i "lifted" this simple explanation for you.

Imagine having a set of headphones in your pocket. As you walk along the headphone cables get jostled. This movement forms coils in the cable, braids them together and causes the loose ends to weave their way between the loops and strands, very quickly forming knots. In fact, scientists researching how wires get tangled discovered that it takes just a few seconds of jostling for knots to form and that longer cables tangle more easily.

My own experiences are that its not just thin headphone wires that mysteriously knot themselves. I put my beard shaver away then the next time i get it out the mains wire is weirdly twisted but too thick to get knotted , also , i take the main of my hoover and then find in wont reach as far as i want , i look round and the cable is knotted ???