Tango ''Super PC'' Brings PC Gaming To Your Pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanto10

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014
not even close to a gaming pc, but you never know with time. Other companies are already making similar steps into extremely compact devices, so I wonder this will compete.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Running an A6 and wants to replace game consoles? Yeah, no. This will be good for 20-30 FPS with absolute minimal settings at 720p maybe.
They have a demo on their Kickstarter page showing a short clip of Battlefield 4 running at 1024x768 resolution at 20-25 FPS at what I would assume is Low settings. The Xbox 360 runs Battlefield 4 at 1280x688 resolution and is locked at 30 FPS. This is certainly not something I would recommend to someone as a gaming machine for $450+ when you can get so much more power for your dollar building a SFF machine.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
The hell is this? Surely no gaming rig, that's for sure. I certainly hope those 246 backers aren't expecting to be able to play modern games on that thing, maybe it'll work as an expensive media server?

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
Isn't there something like this already about pocket pc with better spec, i3 - i5 or something? but with no gpu of course. called X - what or something I forgot. and also, isn't Project Tango is one of Google project name?

hotwire_downunder

Reputable
May 7, 2014
I think they got something good here but may be missing the mark with their target audience.

They should probably extend the platform to a 8" tab and they would have a good contender to compete against a device like the Dell Venue 8 Pro... So it should really be a x86 tab with decent graphics capabilities.. with the correct dock, that would make it a killer Laptop replacement.

Also I don't really understand how you can have decent portable computing performance when you are leaving your cooling elements on the dock?

dovah-chan

Honorable
Okay for this to be a gaming pc is a complete lie as my Lenovo G505 laptop also has an A6-5200 and it runs modern titles such as BF4 like garbage even on 800x600 on lowest with an 840 EVO 120GB SSD and a dual channel config of 2x4GB of g skill DDR3 SODIMMs.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Laptops that try to bring a fight to gaming PC are running hot and are expensive as hell.

I don't know who's backing this believing small handheld can be a player on this field.
I tell you It cannot be it's just a marketing lies. This is a handheld running PC OS.
It has very weak components... something you would put into multimedia PC for a family.

Rules of simple thermodynamics explain how smaller format cannot deliver same performance... more intensive computation requires more power draw, more power effects in more heat. And the heat is usually the limiting factor.
Heat dissipation is dependant of materials used and area dissipating the heat.
Area provided inside pc chassis is at least 100 fold bigger and colling the technology and materials are the same if not better performing.

SoupRice

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014
" the team believes that it will save customers money in the long run, both hardware-wise and with software."

for a gaming portable pc, this will last less than 2 years unless this support external video card

Status
Not open for further replies.