Tapeless filming

Hi,

If I'm videotaping something in an environment where the camera does not
move and I have a computer within a couple feet, can I bypass the tape
completely and simply capture as I'm recording? (And I could capture 2 hours
if I wanted to...)

Thanks,

Aaron Fude.

Aaron Fude wrote:

> If I'm videotaping something in an environment where the camera
> does not move and I have a computer within a couple feet, can I
> bypass the tape completely and simply capture as I'm recording?
> (And I could capture 2 hours if I wanted to...)

Provided that the camcorder does not automatically power down
itself after a period of inactivity, yes.

(The auto-power-off timer is usually disabled if you run the
camcorder without a tape inside.)

--
znark

>If I'm videotaping something

################
That would be tapeless taping. BG

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"BillKirch" <baldguy96@aol.comnoads> wrote in message
> >If I'm videotaping something
>
> ################
> That would be tapeless taping. BG

I was wondering when you'd show up.

Like a Toon with the "shave and a haircut" bit - you are incapable of
resisting.

"Tony" <tony23@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> "BillKirch" <baldguy96@aol.comnoads> wrote in message
> > >If I'm videotaping something
> >
> > ################
> > That would be tapeless taping. BG
>
> I was wondering when you'd show up.
>
> Like a Toon with the "shave and a haircut" bit - you are incapable of
> resisting.

That would be "tasteless tooning"??

David

>Like a Toon with the "shave and a haircut" bit -

Could you maybe make a older ,obscure reference ? Maybe listen to some Fred
Allen shows. Twenty three skidoo. BG