joshua

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Recently I'm noticing that each time a boot up XP Home Edition it decides
not to display certain icons in the task bar. The icons missing always seem
to change randomly. What's up with this? This only happens on my Dell
Inspirion 6000 never on my Dimension 8200 running XP PRO.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Right-click on blank area of task bar > Properties > Hide inactive
icons

"Joshua" <krazyassmonkey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Recently I'm noticing that each time a boot up XP Home Edition it
> decides not to display certain icons in the task bar. The icons
> missing always seem to change randomly. What's up with this? This
> only happens on my Dell Inspirion 6000 never on my Dimension 8200
> running XP PRO.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Joshua wrote:

> Recently I'm noticing that each time a boot up XP Home Edition it
> decides not to display certain icons in the task bar. The icons
> missing always seem to change randomly. What's up with this? This
> only happens on my Dell Inspirion 6000 never on my Dimension 8200
> running XP PRO.

Normally there are *no* icons on the Task Bar when you boot, unless you've
chosen to automatically start some programs at boot time.

There may be icons on the Quick Launch Bar (which normally--but not
necessarily--sits on the Task Bar), and there usually are icons in the
System Tray (more formally called the System Notification Area), near the
clock. Do you mean one of these two? Which one?

Which icons are missing? I know you said it changes randomly, but still,
please list at least some of those that are sometimes missing.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

joshua

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Well my network icon, power/battery icon, quickcam are the ones most usually
the ones giving me problems. I have checked in all three cases that they
should appear. i.e.. always how in taskbar option is checked.
Its a pain because I can't see how much battery life I have left on my
laptop.

> Joshua wrote:
>
>> Recently I'm noticing that each time a boot up XP Home Edition it
>> decides not to display certain icons in the task bar. The icons
>> missing always seem to change randomly. What's up with this? This
>> only happens on my Dell Inspirion 6000 never on my Dimension 8200
>> running XP PRO.
>

> Normally there are *no* icons on the Task Bar when you boot, unless you've
> chosen to automatically start some programs at boot time.
>
> There may be icons on the Quick Launch Bar (which normally--but not
> necessarily--sits on the Task Bar), and there usually are icons in the
> System Tray (more formally called the System Notification Area), near the
> clock. Do you mean one of these two? Which one?
>
> Which icons are missing? I know you said it changes randomly, but still,
> please list at least some of those that are sometimes missing.
>
> --
> Ken Blake
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hey Ken,

Has Uncle Bill stripped off from you the tile of MVP? What haven't you been pirating his software enough to justify keeping you onboard?

Never mind, some of us couldn't care less about MVP, MCP (Male chauvenist Pig), BBC, ITV, ABC or anything as long as we continue getting uncle bill's products from Kazaa or other similar sites.

PS: I wanted to go to India but my job went instead so I am here to wind people up!! Those half naked indian fakirs are doing my job now!!!