Task Bar Icons Missing

joshua

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Recently I'm noticing that each time a boot up XP Home Edition it decides
not to display certain icons in the task bar. The icons missing always seem
to change randomly. What's up with this? This only happens on my Dell
Inspirion 6000 never on my Dimension 8200 running XP PRO.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Right-click on blank area of task bar > Properties > Hide inactive
icons

"Joshua" <krazyassmonkey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Recently I'm noticing that each time a boot up XP Home Edition it
> decides not to display certain icons in the task bar. The icons
> missing always seem to change randomly. What's up with this? This
> only happens on my Dell Inspirion 6000 never on my Dimension 8200
> running XP PRO.

"Joshua" <krazyassmonkey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Recently I'm noticing that each time a boot up XP Home Edition it decides
> not to display certain icons in the task bar. The icons missing always
> seem to change randomly. What's up with this? This only happens on my
> Dell Inspirion 6000 never on my Dimension 8200 running XP PRO.

<crosspost transmogrified>

I wouldn't worry about it. This is the XP 'hide when inactive' function for
the system tray. In my experience it is only somewhat to moderately
reliable, but isn't a functional problem so long as your system startup
isn't loaded with unneeded applications.

Stew