Question Task Manager always shows 100% CPU Usage and it's constantly turbo boosting even when not doing anything ?

Matthew44

Prominent
Apr 28, 2022
Hello everyone, so this is going to be a big question as i need to include everything as this is driving me crazy. so, about 3 or 4 days ago, i clicked performance mode in dragon center which boosted the cpu. (i dont know why i did that) but when i changed back to quiet mode, it didnt unboost the cpu , it just stays at 4.24 ghz on every core and wont budge down. (even after turning the pc off, and when flipping the switch on the psu) Also, the cpu is staying at 100% usage in task manger, i dont know if thats causing it, but ive tried the following: doing a full virus check, which it told me it had found a virus but ive got rid of it, resetting the bios, which didnt help, restarting wmi provider host, which doesnt use as much cpu but does when i turn my pc off then on again, checking the users in task manger, which im the only user (so i dont think i have a virus), checking power plan (which is set to balanced and 0% cpu idle and 100% max usage so thats not the problem), booting in safe mode, which has no difference. And updating to the latest nvidia driver (531.41). However, ONLY task manger is showing 100% usage, other software like sidebar diagnostics and dragon center is showing between 1% and up to 15% usage when idle, but, both pieces of software are still showing 4.24ghz boost speed, so i dont know what it is thats causing it. please help me as i just dont know what else to try to fix it, ill try to add every picture possible. thank you. (i dont want to reset my pc as i have a lot of important files on it)
Also, here are my pc specs: ryzen 5 5500, asus tuf rtx 3070 ti v2 oc, rm750x, msi b550m vdh wifi, samsung 970 evo (3 years old), kingston 1tb pcie 4.0 ssd, seagate 1tb + 2tb hdd, cooler master ml240 v2.
pictures
View: https://imgur.com/a/xL3ffo2

yairmagniv

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2013
by what process its 100%?? does it realise all the cores of the cpu? try to close some programs im idling on 0 i never pass 20 30% even with hevy gaming

Last edited:

Matthew44

Prominent
Apr 28, 2022
by what process its 100%?? does it realise all the cores of the cpu? try to close some programs im idling on 0 i never pass 20 30% even with hevy gaming
i have tried that but even when opening something like google or even just task manager or snipping tool it uses like 50 to 70%. and i havent disabled any cores