Task manager ethernet reception

Babis_

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
Hi guys!
I visit your site a lot when having trouble with my pc.The community has been quite helpful!
Recently I encountered a problem on my windows 10 pc,so your help would be of great importance.
When I open the task manager,the ethernet section says that I receive about 3-6 Mbps.My internet connection will give me at most 6,2Mbps.Why the ethernet reception is so high without any downloads active?Even my web browser is turned off.I tried reinstalling the drivers for the network adapter,but it did not solve anything.

Solution
I installed the Creator's update for Windows 10.That gave me the option to change my ethernet connection to metered,through windows updates settings.It stopped the bandwidth consumption by windows background services.It seems to have solved the problem.At least for now.

mattbar

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2014
Press windows + r
OR
open start menu and choose run...
enter resmon

This open resources monitor

OR
open task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) or (ctrl+alt+delete then choose task manager)
go to the preformance tab
click on resource monitor

This opens resources monitor

go to the network tab of resource monitor
check drop boxes (processes with network activity and network activity) sorted by total
What process(es) or service(s) is using the network bandwidth?

Babis_

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

Babis_

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

Babis_

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
I installed the Creator's update for Windows 10.That gave me the option to change my ethernet connection to metered,through windows updates settings.It stopped the bandwidth consumption by windows background services.It seems to have solved the problem.At least for now.

Solution