[SOLVED] Task Manager is not showing actual no. of cores.

May 16, 2020
I have Amd FX4300.It has 4cores and 4threads.But the Task manager is only showing 2cores and 4logical threads.But when i check in CPUZ it says 4cores and 4threads.But when i do a benchmark on cinebench r15 it also says 2cores and 4 threads.But i also have changed from msconfig to max no. of cores (upto 4)still its showing 2cores and 4 threads.
Is this is linked with pagging file size because i have set maximum no. of pagging size(3x of my ram).
Please help me out here.
Thanks.

Solution
I have Amd FX4300.It has 4cores and 4threads.But the Task manager is only showing 2cores and 4logical threads.But when i check in CPUZ it says 4cores and 4threads.But when i do a benchmark on cinebench r15 it also says 2cores and 4 threads.But i also have changed from msconfig to max no. of cores (upto 4)still its showing 2cores and 4 threads.
Is this is linked with pagging file size because i have set maximum no. of pagging size(3x of my ram).
Please help me out here.
Thanks.

The FX-4300 has four physical cores, though each pair of cores shares some resources. The CPU only presents four logical cores to the system, and Windows treats it as two physical cores to take advantage of the scheduling improvements used for...

4745454b

Titan
Again, you have an older FX system. What do you expect? I can't find a real review of GTA5 and the FX4300. This was as close as I could find.

The graph is gone and all we know is it's 20-30% slower than other CPUs. If it's lagging it could be a heat or waiting on HDD issue? You should spend some time looking at your system and making sure it's working like it should. System specs would also be nice. The FX 4300 is an older CPU. If you have it paired with 4GBs of ram and an Nvidia 730GT then that is your issue.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Please help me out here.
Thanks.

The FX-4300 has four physical cores, though each pair of cores shares some resources. The CPU only presents four logical cores to the system, and Windows treats it as two physical cores to take advantage of the scheduling improvements used for HyperThreading.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/fx-4300-only-showing-as-2-cores.2380452/

Solution
May 16, 2020
Again, you have an older FX system. What do you expect? I can't find a real review of GTA5 and the FX4300. This was as close as I could find.

The graph is gone and all we know is it's 20-30% slower than other CPUs. If it's lagging it could be a heat or waiting on HDD issue? You should spend some time looking at your system and making sure it's working like it should. System specs would also be nice. The FX 4300 is an older CPU. If you have it paired with 4GBs of ram and an Nvidia 730GT then that is your issue.
Actually that was not my problem.My problem was that my task manager is showing only 2 cores.But i have 4 cores in my CPU.But the threads was okay(the threads was showing okay).
Please tell me its a task manager bug.Or hardware problem