Question Task manager % of RAM in use more than normal after reinstalling windows, PC runs out memory

Emma92

Prominent
Sep 21, 2019
I have 16Gbs of ram (corsair dominator platinum rgb 2x8), before reinstalling windows I had no issues, but after reinstalling windows, Warzone started to crash with "paging file size error", so I manually set the size to 16gb-18gbs, but it keeps crashing.....
Then I noticed that when playing warzone the computer is using 100% of its ram, that never happened before, when windows is in iddle it is using 38% but the processes do not sum up to that amount...not even half.
Lastly, today for the first time chrome crashed because it ran out of memory when I tried to open warzone while using chrome with 4 tabs opened.

There is an issue with the ram and I can't find what, I had trojans in the past using my cpu/gpu to mining, but it is the first time with the ram, also malwarebytes did not find any threats...

Any help is welcome, I do not know what else I can do.

Task manager:
https://ibb.co/WBs41Pk

Safe mode only uses 9% of the ram.

EDIT:
Found the issue, non-paged pool is using 1.4Gb and cached 1.6/2.5Gb, is that normal?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Include disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Also take a look in Resource Monitor > Memory.

Another place to check is Reliability History: look for any memory related error codes, warnings, or event informational events.

Reliability History uses a timeline format that may help identify what happened when the memory problems first began.

Emma92

Prominent
Sep 21, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Include disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Also take a look in Resource Monitor > Memory.

Another place to check is Reliability History: look for any memory related error codes, warnings, or event informational events.

Reliability History uses a timeline format that may help identify what happened when the memory problems first began.

Thank you for your reply.

I fixed the issue, it was the RAPID mode of my second SSD, it was allocating 1.2gb in the non-paged pool.

Still I think it is weird that I ran out of ram once while playing a game and using chrome with 3 tabs...that was weird, but it was just once, I will create a new post with more info if it happens again, thank you very much.