[SOLVED] Task manager or CPU-Z?

Aug 6, 2020
My AMD A10 7800 has 4 cores but in the task manager is 2 cores only and when I use CPU-Z the cores are 4? In these two what is real?
-p.s. sorry for my grammar I'm not good at speaking English.

Solution
My AMD A10 7800 has 4 cores but in the task manager is 2 cores only and when I use CPU-Z the cores are 4? In these two what is real?
-p.s. sorry for my grammar I'm not good at speaking English.
Task manager is often wrong but you may want too take a look at msconfig.exe

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
CPU-Z is right, the task manager sometimes doesn't give correct information .... CPU have 4 cores in two physical modules. I have an A8 6600k and had the same doubts before , but it was confirmed by AMD that it has 4 cores, the A10 series have 4 cores too. To show that the task manager has some wrong information on this socket, I can say that my task manager says that I am using 2 RAM modules of 4 available when my MB have only 2 modules in total xD

Last edited:
Reactions: JOLIX
Aug 6, 2020
CPU-Z is right, the task manager sometimes doesn't give correct information .... CPU have 4 cores in two physical modules. I have an A8 6600k and had the same doubts before , but it was confirmed by AMD that it has 4 cores, the A10 series have 4 cores too. To show that the task manager has some wrong information on this socket, I can say that my task manager says that I am using 2 RAM modules of 4 available when my MB have only 2 modules in total xD
Thanks a lot! my bruddah!

Reactions: Rui Neves