Question Task Manager Running A Lot of processes

Aug 3, 2019
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with my laptop, It is launching many processes of anything I open, and some background apps as well, League of legends has 5 clients open, ANY browser I use has 10++ processes running (only one tab open tho), Facebook gameroom has 3 , Skype has 4 or more sometimes. my CPU/Disk/Ram usage is almost always at 100% which is completely affecting my laptop's performance. and it heats up a lot.

I also tried malwarebytes, it found 11 PUP files, Quarantined them, but the problem still persisted, so I also tried Resetting my pc (reformat) to all drives, and completely deleting all files on all disks, problem still happening.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
There is nothing at all atypical in what you're seeing. The Windows 10 Task manager shows all instances of processes running related to what most of us think of as "a program".

Most web browsers these days sandbox individual tabs, so you will have as many instances, shown as a number in parentheses, of the process as tabs and typically plus a few more that are part of central housekeeping.

At the moment I have 26 Brave browser processes open (with only one Brave window with over 20 tabs), there are 11 Firefox processes, and 17 MS Edge processes. There are 3 Microsoft Word processes, one for each Word window I have open.

If you're constantly at 100% usage of CPU or Disk or Memory then you need to click on that column to sort the processes on usage of that resource. Spikes to 100% are not uncommon, particularly if a system has been shut down and is freshly rebooted again. But you should not be at 100% of any one of these, let alone on all 3, all of the time or even most of it.

Your resource usage will be very heavy on a fresh install of Windows 10 in all cases. There is an awful lot of "housekeeping" that gets done over the first several hours to get all sorts of stuff set up for long term use.

Also what are your system specs? A Speccy snapshot would be helpful:
---------------------------------------
Using Piriform’s Speccy to Collect Your Computer’s Hardware & Software Specifications & Report Them to an Assistant
  1. Go to the Piriform Speccy Download Page and download the program.
  2. Run the installer you’ve just downloaded or unzip the ZIP file if you prefer to use the portable version.
a. If you choose to run the installer - Note: The Speccy free installer may now come with Avast and the Google Chrome browser bundled with it (or something else, what’s bundled has changed over time). Make sure that you UNCHECK the options to install any bundled software when you see the checkboxes during the Speccy install sequence. When you reach the end, uncheck the View Release Notes checkbox, then activate the Run Speccy button.
b. If you go with the portable version just fire up Speccy from the unzipped folder location.
Regardless of which method you choose, you will be presented the Speccy Main Window:
main.jpg

3. From the File Menu, activate the “Publish Snapshot” item [or press ALT+F,B]:
file_publishsnapshot.jpg

4. You will now be presented with the Publish Snapshot Dialog:
publish_snapshot_dialog.jpg

You will, of course, activate the Yes button.
5. Finally, you will be presented with the Snapshot URL Dialog:
snapshot_url_dialog.jpg

on which you will activate the Copy to Clipboard button so that you will have the snapshot web address to paste into your message.

Note: If you want to save your system specs to a text file, at step 3 choose the Save as Text File option at step 3. This can be handy if you need to e-mail your specs.

Aug 3, 2019
There is nothing at all atypical in what you're seeing. The Windows 10 Task manager shows all instances of processes running related to what most of us think of as "a program".

Most web browsers these days sandbox individual tabs, so you will have as many instances, shown as a number in parentheses, of the process as tabs and typically plus a few more that are part of central housekeeping.

At the moment I have 26 Brave browser processes open (with only one Brave window with over 20 tabs), there are 11 Firefox processes, and 17 MS Edge processes. There are 3 Microsoft Word processes, one for each Word window I have open.

If you're constantly at 100% usage of CPU or Disk or Memory then you need to click on that column to sort the processes on usage of that resource. Spikes to 100% are not uncommon, particularly if a system has been shut down and is freshly rebooted again. But you should not be at 100% of any one of these, let alone on all 3, all of the time or even most of it.

Your resource usage will be very heavy on a fresh install of Windows 10 in all cases. There is an awful lot of "housekeeping" that gets done over the first several hours to get all sorts of stuff set up for long term use.

Also what are your system specs? A Speccy snapshot would be helpful:
---------------------------------------
Using Piriform’s Speccy to Collect Your Computer’s Hardware & Software Specifications & Report Them to an Assistant

1. Go to the Piriform Speccy Download Page and download the program.
  2. Run the installer you’ve just downloaded or unzip the ZIP file if you prefer to use the portable version.
a. If you choose to run the installer - Note: The Speccy free installer may now come with Avast and the Google Chrome browser bundled with it (or something else, what’s bundled has changed over time). Make sure that you UNCHECK the options to install any bundled software when you see the checkboxes during the Speccy install sequence. When you reach the end, uncheck the View Release Notes checkbox, then activate the Run Speccy button.
b. If you go with the portable version just fire up Speccy from the unzipped folder location.
Regardless of which method you choose, you will be presented the Speccy Main Window:
main.jpg

3. From the File Menu, activate the “Publish Snapshot” item [or press ALT+F,B]:
file_publishsnapshot.jpg

4. You will now be presented with the Publish Snapshot Dialog:
publish_snapshot_dialog.jpg

You will, of course, activate the Yes button.
5. Finally, you will be presented with the Snapshot URL Dialog:
snapshot_url_dialog.jpg

on which you will activate the Copy to Clipboard button so that you will have the snapshot web address to paste into your message.

Note: If you want to save your system specs to a text file, at step 3 choose the Save as Text File option at step 3. This can be handy if you need to e-mail your specs.

Thank you for replying, here's the snapshot link. also please pay attention to the temperature..
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ug4gPrCD30iLwn8RBLB1MEo

Aug 3, 2019
Your CPU temperature is 49° C, and the maximum operating temperature limit for your CPU is 100° C. (See: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/Intel-Core i7-4510U Mobile processor.html ).

You're not even warm, let alone hot. This is so, so far from hot.
But that is not my problem man, it is not the temperature, my problem is the multiple processes of ALL programs that I use.. literally all. not only browsers. it was never happening before.
it suddenly started happening and I can't fix it.. I can't even play anything right now. even facebook gameroom games lagging as hell.

Aug 3, 2019
Your temps:

CPU - 49C
GPU - 46C
500GB Seagate - 44C

Absolutely normal.
Thanks to you too,

But that is not my problem man, it is not the temperature, my problem is the multiple processes of ALL programs that I use.. literally all. not only browsers. it was never happening before.
it suddenly started happening and I can't fix it.. I can't even play anything right now. even facebook gameroom games lagging as hell.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I really can't tell you anything other than to do a complete scan with your security suite and a malware scanner.

There is nothing, nothing at all, unusual about having many processes as you describe. Having a suddenly atypically sluggish machine does suggest something else is up.

USAFRet

Titan
Well, you said..."also please pay attention to the temperature.. "
So we did.