[SOLVED] Task manager shows different frequency that CPU-Z/HWinfo64 or intel XTU

Oct 4, 2018
Should I be worried that something is actually wrong with my pc or im just paranoid, im just surprised as this wasnt the case a few months ago (built this pc just around April this year) and now its doing this which is weird.

also i have set the power to balanced but its not clocking down to 800mhz at idle as it used to.

im sorry if its a dumb question.

View: https://imgur.com/a/HVzcUbi

Solution
That is normal.
Cinebench shows the stock clock unless your CPU is OC'd (to a different all core speed), CPUz displays the clock speed at any given second, which changes frequently if you use stock settings or the Balanced Power Plan.
Task Manager also shows the clock taken at intervals BUT is usually slightly different than CPUz.
Oct 4, 2018
but should i be worried that in windows task manager its not hitting 4.7ghz as it used to, im just surprised that it was doing this recently and i though i should ask people around since i cant really get a good answer by googling. anyway again sry if its a stupid question.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
That is normal.
Cinebench shows the stock clock unless your CPU is OC'd (to a different all core speed), CPUz displays the clock speed at any given second, which changes frequently if you use stock settings or the Balanced Power Plan.
Task Manager also shows the clock taken at intervals BUT is usually slightly different than CPUz.

Reactions: edbern
Solution