Question Taskbar and UI elements of windows become unresponsive to mouse clicks

Nov 14, 2020
Whenever I exit an application that is supposed to be exclusive fullscreen, a game for instance, I can't interact with the taskbar via the mouse anymore until I lock -> unlock the PC or otherwise restart my desktop session. Other window elements like scrollbars, sliders also freeze up; Discord for instance becomes entirely unavailable to use until I apply the workaround.

When I searched I only found old threads alluding to fullscreen optimizations being ultimately at fault; but the resolutions in those threads don't work anymore, at least for me. Hoping I won't have to rollback to an older version of w10 because that means a lengthy backup and restore process with no assurance that the problem will be resolved. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

System:
win10 pro v20H2
intel cpu
RTX 3090 driver v457.09

Nov 13, 2020
1.Make sure you have no game booster or anything like that turned on.
2.Don't use any custom theme or tweaker.
3.Make sure all programs are installed completely.
4.Check in the task manager which processes are running in background that arent supposed to run.
5. Make sure you have the latest gpu driver and it supports the system.

Nov 14, 2020
Only happens when playing certain fullscreen exclusive games like Apex, which is where it happens consistently.
Mild OC on CPU everything else stock
Latest nvidia driver is two weeks newer than what I have currently and is of dubious stability; besides this problem it runs adequately and I don't wanna trade that for a far worse problem