Taskbar cannot be resized on monitor 2...

Benedictus

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2012
Hail:
Now, I have done a clean install of win10 pro x64.
I have 2 monitors, and I have set my taskbar to the bottom of the second monitor.
Now, if I place the bar back on the first monitor, or if I place it on the left, right or top side of the second monitor, I can resize the taskbar, but when I put the bloody thing at the bottom...
Annoying, since I use 3 Sub-Bars in this bar, which now are invisible.
The bar is stuck at the smallest size.

I can't quite understand why this bar works everywhere but not where it is supposed to be?

What could cause this, and is there a way to circumvent this?

Thank you.
Ben

Solution

Open CCleaner, should be in the Cleaner tab down the left, deselect everything in the Applications tab and only select Windows size and position cache within the Windows tab across the top. Click analyze and it'll find the cache. Click Run Cleaner once it's done looking around and it'll delete the cache.
Press Control+Shift+Escape. Task Manager opens. How many instances of Windows Explorer are running under the Processes tab? If there is no Processes tab, press More Details at the lower left corner.

Download CCleaner, clear the Windows size and position cache. Make sure the size and position cache is the only thing checked in both tabs in CCleaner. Don't try to clean the registry since you're already having an issue.

Benedictus

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2012
Greetings and thank you, Sir.
I see only 1 Explorer running in Details.
Going to CCleaner now, is there a specific location I should look for to find this cache?

Again, thank you very much!
Ben

Open CCleaner, should be in the Cleaner tab down the left, deselect everything in the Applications tab and only select Windows size and position cache within the Windows tab across the top. Click analyze and it'll find the cache. Click Run Cleaner once it's done looking around and it'll delete the cache.

Solution

Benedictus

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2012
Peculiar...
I do not see this "Windows size and position cache" under Applications\Windows.
All there is: Game Explorer, MS Management Console, MS Search and RegEdit.

Hold on, I just found this "Windows size and position cache" under Windows\Advanced.

Thank you very much, good sir, to point me where I need to be... :)

No problem. Make sure to Analyze and run the Cleaner, then restart before expecting system behavior to improve.