My taskbar has suddenly started including the day of the week (such as
"Tuesday") in front of the date. Now I can only see the clock and the day of
the week unless I raise my task bar to three levels. Can I get rid of
"Tuesday" so I can see the date again? Or reorder them so I can see the clock
and the date with a two level taskbar?

Select the theme 'Windows XP' (Control Panel, Display Properties), click Apply and OK. (If it has worked and you are using another theme, change the 'Windows XP' selection, click Apply and OK to restablish your desired theme.)

--
Greetings,
Daniel Martín

"cleo" <cleo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FB81CD7-FC5D-4070-8D84-46FE97B91177@microsoft.com...
> My taskbar has suddenly started including the day of the week (such as
> "Tuesday") in front of the date. Now I can only see the clock and the day of
> the week unless I raise my task bar to three levels. Can I get rid of
> "Tuesday" so I can see the date again? Or reorder them so I can see the clock
> and the date with a two level taskbar?

it worked when I switched back to Windows XP theme but the minute I change
the theme I lose the date again.

"Daniel Martín" wrote:

> Select the theme 'Windows XP' (Control Panel, Display Properties), click Apply and OK. (If it has worked and you are using another theme, change the 'Windows XP' selection, click Apply and OK to restablish your desired theme.)
>
> --
> Greetings,
> Daniel Martín
>

> "cleo" <cleo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FB81CD7-FC5D-4070-8D84-46FE97B91177@microsoft.com...
> > My taskbar has suddenly started including the day of the week (such as
> > "Tuesday") in front of the date. Now I can only see the clock and the day of
> > the week unless I raise my task bar to three levels. Can I get rid of
> > "Tuesday" so I can see the date again? Or reorder them so I can see the clock
> > and the date with a two level taskbar?

With your custom theme applied, from Display Properties, click the Appearance tab, select Advanced, choose 'Caption buttons' from the list and set a '25' size (default value for Windows XP built-in theme). Click OK, Apply and OK to view the changes.

--
Greetings,
Daniel Martín

"cleo" <cleo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001442A9-AE06-4777-BEEC-5B2C0308C875@microsoft.com...
> it worked when I switched back to Windows XP theme but the minute I change
> the theme I lose the date again.
>
> "Daniel Martín" wrote:
>
>> Select the theme 'Windows XP' (Control Panel, Display Properties), click Apply and OK. (If it has worked and you are using another theme, change the 'Windows XP' selection, click Apply and OK to restablish your desired theme.)
>>
>> --
>> Greetings,
>> Daniel Martín
>>

>> "cleo" <cleo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FB81CD7-FC5D-4070-8D84-46FE97B91177@microsoft.com...
>> > My taskbar has suddenly started including the day of the week (such as
>> > "Tuesday") in front of the date. Now I can only see the clock and the day of
>> > the week unless I raise my task bar to three levels. Can I get rid of
>> > "Tuesday" so I can see the date again? Or reorder them so I can see the clock
>> > and the date with a two level taskbar?

Thank you so much! I'm not sure how I screwed that up but I am so glad to
have it back.

"Daniel Martín" wrote:

> With your custom theme applied, from Display Properties, click the Appearance tab, select Advanced, choose 'Caption buttons' from the list and set a '25' size (default value for Windows XP built-in theme). Click OK, Apply and OK to view the changes.
>
> --
> Greetings,
> Daniel Martín
>

> "cleo" <cleo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001442A9-AE06-4777-BEEC-5B2C0308C875@microsoft.com...
> > it worked when I switched back to Windows XP theme but the minute I change
> > the theme I lose the date again.
> >
> > "Daniel Martín" wrote:
> >
> >> Select the theme 'Windows XP' (Control Panel, Display Properties), click Apply and OK. (If it has worked and you are using another theme, change the 'Windows XP' selection, click Apply and OK to restablish your desired theme.)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Greetings,
> >> Daniel Martín

You're welcome. :)