Taskbar/Entire desktop freezing, mouse/keyboard acting weird

Cerobug

Reputable
May 4, 2014
About 2 days ago my computer started to act weird. My taskbar and desktop are freezing up and not allowing me to click on any item but my mouse pointer still goes around the screen just fine. There is no way to make it stop unless I hit Ctrl Alt Del then it will unfreeze and work again for 20 secs to 5 mins and freeze up again. I have ran virus scans, malwarebites, SFC and nothing has fixed the issue. If I have a window open like chrome I can still use it just fine but I can't minimize it cause it won't let me click on any of the top right buttons to close or minimise also when my comp does this weird freeze my mouse and keyboard act up. My mouse's scroll wheel and left click act like a back button and make the webpage go back 1 page. Random keys on my keyboard stop working like the n key but all other keys work just fine then when I hit ctrl alt del everything goes back to working normal for the 20 secs to 5 mins. The only thing that this computer has done was a graphics card driver update in the last week but I do not see how a graphics card driver would cause my mouse and keyboard to act weird when this lock up occurs. Has anyone else experienced this or has a possible solution?

UPDATE: After I restarted my computer this last time i had a popup when it loaded windows. Interactive Services popped up and took me to a white screen telling me windows runtime c++ has closed due to an error. I clicked OK and it took me back to my desktop.and then an error popped up saying Spooler SubSytem App has stopped working spoolsv.exe app crash faulty module msvcrt.dll

What is the model/brand of the system? Have you tried to do a system restore to a restore point before the issues?

Usually when stuff like this happens, it's time for a clean Windows setup, best thing to do to clear up any software issues. If it's a problem with the hardware, the same issue will come back then you can check into possible RAM or motherboard or hard drive issues.