Taskbar flashes in full-screen videos

Jul 18, 2018
I got a new hard drive for my laptop when the previous one crashed, and reinstalled Windows 10. Ever since then, I have been facing an issue which I hadn't encountered before.

Whenever I play any video on any video player (VLC, MPC, etc.) and enter full-screen mode, the taskbar flashes everytime the wallpaper in my slideshow changes. Sometimes, it flashes at random intervals, or sometimes it doesn't go away until I click somewhere. It's as if the 'focus' is shifted from the video to something else.

I tried using the Event Viewer to look for this 'something', but couldn't really figure it out. Though this could be due to my inability to properly use it.

Increasing the time interval for changing the wallpaper somewhat solves the problem, but that's inconvenient due to various reasons. Also, I'd like to know why this is happening, because I basically have a clean install, though I did install many of the apps I had been using before (many were ditched in the reinstall as well). There's hardly any new program.

I have quite a number of wallpapers which change each minute using the Slideshow feature. The accent colour is changed accordingly.

I'd be really grateful if someone can come up with a solution, cause I'm a media guy, and things like these really annoy me when I watch something with concentration.

Thanks in advance!

Further Description:
You can imagine it as the taskbar appearing for about half-a-second while you watch any video in full screen on any player. It mostly happens when the wallpaper in the slideshow changes, but sometimes it seems to happen for no apparent reason, at any random time. Sometimes, it wouldn't happen even if the wallpaper changes.

Jul 18, 2018

These are my specs:

Laptop Model: Lenovo B50-80 80EW
CPU: Intel Core i3 - 5005U
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5500 & AMD Radeon R5 M330 (Switchable Graphics)
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 1 TB

Every driver and software is as up to date as it can be (without going into the beta versions and stuff, that is).

I added more to the description to help you, and others, understand the problem better.

Thanks mate!

TRENDING THREADS