taskbar icons for Display, Scheduler Ctl panels?

Hi - I miss not being able to get to the Display and Scheduler via a
taskbar icon. Is there an easy way to get this WIN98SE feature back (i
upgraded to XP Home SP2)
thanks!
/j

Jeff W <msnews@kwcpa.com> wrote:

>Hi - I miss not being able to get to the Display and Scheduler via a
>taskbar icon. Is there an easy way to get this WIN98SE feature back (i
>upgraded to XP Home SP2)

There is no Taskbar icon for the Display settings by default. However,
some display drivers add this functionality. Windows XP installed the
standard driver for your video card, contact the manufacturer of the
card for the latest drivers.
The Task Scheduler is no longer be shown on the Taskbar's Notification
Area by default.

--
(tm)

The video card's driver does give me an icon, but it does not give me
access to the regular display settings like Screen Saver.

I agree with your statements of default, i was wondering if there was a
way to restore WIN98 behavior
/j

Thorsten Matzner wrote:

>Jeff W <msnews@kwcpa.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi - I miss not being able to get to the Display and Scheduler via a
>>taskbar icon. Is there an easy way to get this WIN98SE feature back (i
>>upgraded to XP Home SP2)
>
>There is no Taskbar icon for the Display settings by default. However,
>some display drivers add this functionality. Windows XP installed the
>standard driver for your video card, contact the manufacturer of the
>card for the latest drivers.
>The Task Scheduler is no longer be shown on the Taskbar's Notification
>Area by default.

Jeff W <msnews@Kwcpa.com> wrote:

>I agree with your statements of default, i was wondering if there was a
>way to restore WIN98 behavior

Only, if the Windows XP video driver comes with these features.

--
(tm)

oh well

Jeff W <ms-newsRemoveForSpam@Kwcpa.com> wrote: