Question Taskbar icons not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

I tooth

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
A few days ago when I click on an icon in my taskbar I get forwarded to the Google Search Page. For example, when I click on Amazon icon in the taskbar it takes me to the Google Search Page where before it would take me to the Amazon log in page. Same thing with Yahoo.com. email login and with YouTube, DuckDuckGo, Dropbox, etc.

I don't see any viruses/malware, but as you know such searching software is only as good as the viruses/malware definitions know to it.

Anyone know the cause of this issue? Anyone else have the same issue recently or in the past. Is this caused by Virus????

Thanks in Advance!

PS Now notice other desktop launch icons to websites go to Google Search Page too. :mad:

Last edited:

I tooth

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
When I click on the Chrome Icon for a while nothing would happen. Then some time later I click it and it goes to the Google Search Page.

I use a VPN and all things prior to a few days worked just fine. Turning off the VPN does not make the problem go away.

I tooth

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
The only way I can fix the issue is to go directly to the Web apps, make another shortcut, and delete the old one.

But still does not answer why the issue occurred to begin with.

Frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.