Taskbar is missing acitve programs

JB

The middle of the taskbar where the active windows would
be available is gone.

I have verfied the taskbar is unlocked and I can use
ALT+Tab to scroll through them. There is a line to change
the size on either side of where the middle portion was
but it does not allow the active programs to be seen.
I have rebooted also.

any ideas?

Thanks

Check to see if this is true of all user accounts and if it also occurs in
Safe Mode. You may have a corrupted user account.

You may also have a corrupted system. You may need to do a Repair Install
of Windows. See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315341