Taskbar over Fullscreen app (multi-display)

Darkhhour

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Hi guys, wondering if someone has a solution for keeping the taskbar behind a fullscreen app, for example...

I have 3 monitors, my main for gaming, movies, etc and my other 2 for side projects and random stuff.. however when i am watching a full screen movie on my main monitor while clicking on either of my other monitors i get the taskbar popping up over it which can be annoying.. i am aware that i can set it to "Auto-hide" but honestly that is even more annoying for me (fussy i know) i would prefer not to have a third-party program but list your suggestions regardless..

I am using windows 10 pro, thanks in advance.

Hi,

According to some Microsoft forums and experts this feature where you can occupy the entire screen with an app or windows has been long gone. The only app or program that can occupy the entire screen would be games and movies or anything for entertainment. The only remedy but annoying work around is the "Auto-Hide" function which to all is annoying and could sometimes interfere to what you're doing.

Here's a few suggestions:
1) Disable the taskbar on other monitors, keeping it only on your primary monitor
2) Use MPC-HC or Movies and Videos. For MPC-HC just enter fullscreen with alt+enter, Movies and Video has a similar feature (not sure if same shortcut) which you can enter by pressing the double arrow next to the close button

"According to some Microsoft forums and experts this feature where you can occupy the entire screen with an app or windows has been long gone. "

What "experts" said that? I use fullscreen mode for apps all the time, and yes, it does work on multi-monitor, though snapping fullscreen apps is annoying as hell (you need to enter fullscreen, snap another application, then put the fullscreened one next to it. )