Taskbar Windows button and search is crashed

kurdin

Reputable
Oct 24, 2015
Hi guys, so after fixing one problem on my pc the taskbar stopped working because i did the reinstall powershell command.

pressing one of them will emit a error sound and not do anything
the right click menus still work

the calender and the message thingy dosent work either

i have tried making another account didnt work, did reinstall command again, some other commands like sfc /scannnow and stuff but it just resorts to the error that things where found but could not be fixed.

Thank you for any input

Solution

No, your "d" drive remains intact. Only the sys "c" drive gets wiped during a clean install. Make sure your move all files you need from c to d and proceed.

kurdin

Reputable
Oct 24, 2015
managed to solve it by installing classicshell, it seems that the functions still worked the only thing being that the taskbar redirected to the wrong thing, that led to the error sound

anyone that has this problem should install the latest version of classicshell, use the metro skin, its very close to the standard windows 10

Honestly, i woudl just reinstall Windows.

kurdin

Reputable
Oct 24, 2015

yeah i might, it fixed the search and stuff but everything else still dosent work

would doing a clean reinstall remove everything from my d drive aswell or c only?

No, your "d" drive remains intact. Only the sys "c" drive gets wiped during a clean install. Make sure your move all files you need from c to d and proceed.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS