I am having a problem with my taskbar. It is on the right side of my
screen-vertical. How do I get it back down to the bottom of the screen? I
am using windows xp home version. I have tried clicking on an unused area of
the taskbar and dragging it and this does not work. I check and there is no
check by lock the taskbar. I am hoping someone can help me.

Pam

Well, to make it easier close all windows and then drag from an empty space
that way if you haven't done so.

--
• Thorpe •

In news:FEC75AD3-7A54-4973-8E9C-FDC2B39C2B76@microsoft.com,
Pam <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I am having a problem with my taskbar. It is on the right side
> of my
> screen-vertical. How do I get it back down to the bottom of
> the
> screen?

Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the
screen, it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move
it from any side to another, simply click on an unused part of it
and drag it where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not
on the edge; clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it

> I am using windows xp home version. I have tried clicking
> on an unused area of the taskbar and dragging it and this does
> not
> work. I check and there is no check by lock the taskbar. I am
> hoping someone can help me.

Be persistent. Sometimes you have to try several times.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Try click and drag from with the cursor in a slightly different "unused"
area. Not all "unused appearing" areas are "unused".